The 10 best breakup songs for guys are the perfect songs to listen to if you've just been through a breakup. They are great musical pieces with perfect lyrics if you're mourning the end of a relationship. The songs listed here are all unique, each providing a different effect and emotion.
- Green Day "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" This song is incredibly short at only two minutes and 32 seconds. However, in those two minutes, Green Day delivers the perfect lyrics for a breakup. The song is quite mellow and melancholic for a nostalgic, yet ended relationship.
- Pearl Jam "Black" This song expresses a vocal anger through melancholic beats. The lyrics deliver a message of loss after an ended relationship. With such great lyrics and beat, this is one of the ten best breakup songs for guys.
- Postal Service "Nothing Better" This song is great to listen to during a breakup–it has a fast, enjoyable beat and lyrics expressing the longing for an ended relationship. The song starts with "Can someone please call a surgeon who can crack my ribs and repair this broken heart?" Such a strong beginning reflects the difficulty in coping physically and emotionally with a breakup.
- The Cure "Pictures of You" This 1990 song is a great breakup song, as it emits lyrics of longing and nostalgia. The song made "Rolling Stone's" 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list in 2004. With such a great history and overall excellent beat, it is clearly one of the ten best break up songs for guys.
- Ben Folds Five "Song for the Dumped" The title of this song says it all–it is a song made for the one facing heartache after an ended relationship. The lyrics express anger towards an ex, giving the listener strength. The song expresses self-respect and integrity after facing a bad breakup.
- Fleetwood Mac "The Chain" From the band's album "Rumours," this song iconically represents Fleetwood Mac. The song suggests a strength and wise perspective after a breakup. "The Chain" is one of the band's best songs and one of the greatest songs to listen to after a breakup.
- Pat Benatar "Love is a Battlefield" A classic '80s song that has been remade and sampled many times, including in modern hip-hop. Whether you hear this version or a remade one, this song truly rings of the difficulties of love. It stands the test of time, remaining one of the most popular songs, so you should definitely consider this if you are a guy going through heartache.
- Elvis Presley "Heartbreak Hotel" This song has been redone by numerous bands and is known as the song that made Presley stand out to America. Its lyrics are great for those going through a breakup. "Heartbreak Hotel" is great to listen to with a strong guitar, making it one of the best breakup songs for guys.
- Guns and Roses "November Rain" This song has beautiful lyrics expressing a love that must end. The song is a classic and an overall great rock song to keep you going through a tough time. This song should not be ignored when you are looking for the perfect breakup song.
- Coldplay "The Scientist" Reaching number ten on the UK Charts, this song made musical history. It is a superb melancholic song true to Coldplay's style. The lyrics tell the story about resisting the breakup, asking for another beginning to the relationship. With beautiful lyrics, this song stands at the top of the breakup songs that guys should play.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.