Whether you've been through a breakup, are going through a breakup, or are healing from a breakup, here's a list of the 10 best breakup up songs to get you through the rough times. Remember, you're gonna' get through this. These songs will help to show you she isn't, wasn't, and never will be worth it.
- “How to Serve Man” by El-P. This is a diss track like no other. El-P doesn't mention the girl by name, but upon listening to the track, you can get a sense of how much he cared, how hurt he is, and how bad he wants to get some good ol' fashioned public revenge. Full of amazing word play and straight up jabs, El-P knows how to treat a lady (who's scorned him.)
- “Gave Up” by Nine Inch Nails. If you're looking for some gritty, sad, yet empowering lyrics, Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails are the key. This track is full of rage, sorrow, and more rage. If you're in pain and need some encouragement, turn to this song for strength. She may have smashed up all you believe in, but there are plenty of other girls out there, just waiting to hurt you.
- “Something I Can Never Have” by Nine Inch Nails. On the flip side, if you're in the mood to feel sad and throw yourself a pity party, Trent and friends can accommodate those emotions as well. This track focuses on the negative, but when going through a breakup, sometimes we need the negative to make us see the positive. Again, there's plenty a woman out there just waiting to hurt you.
- “Ain't No Sunshine” by Bill Withers. This is a classic breakup track, delivered straight from a blues man who knows heartache. The simple melody and laid back rhythm only simplify the fact that heartache is universal. Bill Withers knows the truth about breakups…they suck!
- “I Hate Everything About You” by Ugly Kid Joe. If you're in the mood for empowerment and revenge, Ugly Kid Joe delivers. When you're through with denial and through with sadness, this track will be a breath of fresh air. Buck up and realize that she wasn't all that great anyway. You might even find yourself hating everything about her.
- “A Stranger” by A Perfect Circle. While such a simplistic song, this track hits directly on the idea that we are all individuals and, although we feel connected, we do live separate lives. While not a breakup anthem, this song serves to remind us that we have to look out for ourselves and our own happiness.
- “This Love” By Pantera. Pantera is certainly not known for their love songs, but in this rare show of heartache, singer Phil Anselmo delivers a scathing review of his previous love, verbally beating her down for breaking his steel encased heart.
- “Thomas” by A Perfect Circle. With the words, “show me the way to forgive you,” Maynard Keenan delivers the perfect line for those seeking closure. Although the song has religious undertones, it speaks to those who have a broken heart in any sense of the word. With it's soaring crescendos and smooth delivery, anyone searching for a way to move on is sure to dig this amazing song.
- “September Sun” by Type O Negative. If you've been holding onto your sadness and grief for over a decade, Type O Negative feels you. Peter Steele unleashes in this track about unrequited love from long in the past, making you feel his pain whether you want to or not. September Sun is about growing, loving, forgiving, forgetting, remembering, and moving on.
- “November Rain" by Guns n' Roses. Axl is the man. Let's face the facts. But even Axl Rose has had his heart broken. November Rain mixes power ballad sweetness with all out rocker badassness. If you've got a broken heart, just remember; Axl Rose has had a broken hear too. If that alone isn't enough to consul you, I don't know what will. Just remember…nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.