This list of the 10 best bromance films includes many recent movies, but also contains some older “buddy movies” that existed before anyone ever coined the word "bromance." It’s hard to define what makes a true bromance film, but it’s one of those things that you recognize when you see it.
- “Swingers” (1996). In this hilarious classic starring Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau, Trent tries to help his best friend, Mike, get over a long-time girlfriend.
- “Superbad” (2007). “Superbad” proves that a bromance can begin as early as high school. In one scene, the main characters even make drunken exclamations of love for one another, including, “I just wanna go to the rooftops and scream, ‘I love my best friend Evan!’”
- “I Love You, Man” (2009). Perhaps the most explicit characterization of a bromance, “I Love You, Man” even has one character going on “man-dates” in search of a best friend.
- “Bad Boys” (1995). Martin Lawrence and Will Smith play two cops who are best friends and partners. Some of the best bromances are cemented when two guys are facing mortal danger together.
- “Wedding Crashers” (2005). The presence of Vince Vaughn almost always makes for a good bromance film.
- “Shaun of the Dead” (2004). The only British movie to make the list, “Shaun of the Dead” highlights a great bromance that survives a zombie apocalypse.
- “Wayne’s World” (1992). This film is based on the recurring "Saturday Night Live" sketches, and features two best friends who host a cable-access show together.
- “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” (1969). The oldest movie to make the list of best bromance films, “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” stars Paul Newman and Robert Redford.
- “The Shawshank Redemption” (1994). The deep friendship between Red and Andy strengthens over twenty years in prison, and the film culminates with their reunion as free men.
- “Dumb and Dumber” (1994). This cult classic involves a cross-country drive filled with misadventures and slapstick humor, but the heart of the story is the relationship between Harry and Lloyd.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.