Here are the 10 best Bruce Willis quotes. With a long, somewhat varied career, Bruce Willis is one of the best loved action stars in Hollywood; and he’s funny, too.
- Perhaps the greatest line from any of the "Die Hard" movies, and probably the one Willis is most known for. ‘Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!’
- As he steals Tony’s shoes in the original "Die Hard", Willis drops one of the best lines of the movies, "Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister."
- Another line from the original "Die Hard" can’t be called anything but ballsy. In response to Hans Gruber asking who he is, Willis’s McClane responds "Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."
- The series that started Willis’ career, "Moonlighting", was also home to some of his best zingers. When Maddie Hayes (Cybil Shepard) says “David, may I please have some answers?’ David Addison (Willis) responds "Delaware, all of the above, 90 degrees."
- Another classic Bruce Willis quote from Moonlighting comes after Maddie demands "Unhand me!" Willis’s response, ‘I’ll try, but I don’t think they’ll come off!’
- The third "Die Hard" movie, "Die Hard With A Vengeance", was one of the best of series, if only for the interaction between Willis and Jackson. In one scene, Willis and Jackson argue and Willis tells Jackson "You’re a racist! You don’t like me ‘cause I’m white!"
- One of Willis’ best hits outside the "Die Hard" series was "The Fifth Element", in which he played another wise cracking badass and gave a few more great Bruce Willis Quotes. One of his best lines was in response to a Policeman asking "Are you classified as human?" Willis responds "Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
- Another great Bruce Willis quote from "The Fifth Element" is when he is talking to Leeloo and says something no real-life guy would ever get away with saying to a woman. "Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m all for conversation, but maybe you could just shut up for a moment?"
- Lucky Number Slevin is often overlooked, but it’s a great movie. Funny and action based, it’s home to one of Bruce Willis’ best quotes. "I’m a world-class assassin, fuckhead. How do you think I found out?"
A final classic Bruce Willis quote is in the fourth "Die Hard" movie, "Live Free or Die Hard". Matt Farrell is in awe ‘You just killed a helicopter with a car!’, Willis' character, John McClane, responds, "I was out of bullets."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.