There are many qualities that make a song one of the 10 best campfire sing along songs. Songs must be recognizable and easy to learn, good classic songs with lyrics that are good for all ages.
- “On Top of Old Smokey.” A beautiful campfire sing along song that is easy for most people to learn and to sing, it also offers the option of using the same tune to sing the silly favorite ‘On Top of Spaghetti.” Young children will enjoy learning and singing both versions.
- “Amazing Grace.” A nice choice for religious groups or families, “Amazing Grace” is a wonderful campfire song for the end of the day.
- “John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.” This is a familiar sing along song for just about everyone. There are many variations to keep things interesting, like starting loud and getting quieter with each repetition. Many young children will enjoy singing the Na-na-na-na-na-na-na” line following each chorus.
- “Puff the Magic Dragon.” The Disney classic from "Pete’s Dragon" is the perfect sing along song. Many parents and older relatives and friends will remember the song from the film while younger children will instantly love the words.
- “This Land is Your Land.” A great campfire song for the whole family,
- “Boom Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy!” This is a fun song for all ages with enough silly verses to provide everyone with a smile. Everyone will enjoy sharing their favorite verses before everyone can join in for the simple chorus.
- "He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands." A great choice for sing alongs as it can easily be altered to fit any group. Less religious groups can try "We've Got the Whole World in our Hands" instead. Lyrics can be changed and added to continue naming favorite things and groups of people.
- “Kumbayah.” The cliché of campfire songs has a place in many people’s hearts for a reason. It is a beautiful classic, an easy melody, and just about everyone knows the words.
"You Are My Sunshine." Happy lyrics and an upbeat tune make this a great classic for campfire sing alongs.
- “Taps.” The classic song to end a night around the campfire. While many people are just familiar with the melody, the lyrics are equally touching.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.