Lake Tahoe is made for camping, so campers shouldn't miss camping at one of the 10 best camping sites around Lake Tahoe. These 10 camping sites will help make your trip to Lake Tahoe easy to plan, allowing you to enjoy your vacation. Make sure to plan ahead and make reservations if the campground accommodates reservations, especially if you are planning your trip during a busy season.
- Fallen Leaf Campground. There are many shady campsites for campers to choose from at this campground. This campground has convenient food lockers, so campers don't need to worry about wildlife getting their food. Having a beautiful lake that is only a short walk from campsites is why this is one of the ten best camping sites near Lake Tahoe. 2165 Fallen Leaf Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
DL Bliss State Park. The restrooms are always clean and the showers are always warm at this campground. Campers like that the campsites are spacious, so they don't feel like they are camping on top of other campers. Being able to easily hike to the Rubicon lighthouse is why this is one of the best camping sites near Lake Tahoe. Highway 89, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
- Campground by the Lake. This is This is a great campground for campers who want to get away, but till have the conveniences of civilization. Boating is a favorite activity at this campground. Gamblers love the fact that the casino is only a short drive from this campground. Highway 50 & Rufus A, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
- Donner Memorial State Park. Wild life watching and hiking are two of the favorite activities at this campground. Campers enjoy swimming at the clean beach area. The awesome history museum at this park makes it one of the best camping areas near Lake Tahoe. 12593 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA 96161.
- Camp Richardson Resort. This great campground is open year round. In warm weather campers enjoy swimming and biking. In cold weather campers enjoy skiing and sleigh riding. Being so close to world class ski resorts makes this one of the best camping areas near Lake Tahoe. 1900 Jameson Beach Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96152.
- Kaspian Campground. This quiet campground is a hidden Gem in Lake Tahoe. Relaxing by an evening campfire is one the things campers love doing at this campground. Bikers especially love this campground, because it has a great bike trail. 35 College Drive,South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
- Lake Tahoe KOA. KOA is known for having some of the best campgrounds and this one is no different. Guest here enjoy swimming in the heated pool, Having clean and modern restrooms is why this is one of the best camping areas near Lake Tahoe. 860 US Highway 50, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
Grover Hot Springs State Park Campground. This is probably one of the most beautiful campgrounds in the world. Swimming and hiking are two of the favorite activities of campers at this campground. Be able to easily hike to an amazing waterfall is why this is one of the best camping areas near Lake Tahoe. 3415 Hot Springs Rd, Markleeville, CA 96120 (530)694-2248 . Meeks Bay Resort & Marina. Boating and water skiing are two of the favorite activities of campers at this campground. Guest enjoy the convenience of having a snack bar when they are not in the mood to cook. Having a clean white sandy beach to enjoy is why this is one of the best camping areas near Lake Tahoe. 7941 West Lake Blvd, Tahoma, CA 96142.
William Kent Campground. This is a very pet friendly campground. Campers like the fact that the restrooms at this campground are always clean. Being just a short walk to the beach makes this one of the best camping areas near lake Tahoe. Hwy 89 at Sunnyside, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
Emerald Bay State Park. The view from this campground is out of this world. Campers enjoy jumping off the large rocks into the lake. Hiking one of the many beautiful trails in another favorite activity of campers at this campground. Highway 89, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 US.
Source: California Campgrounds
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.