Some of the most beautiful outdoor spots in the country are in Oregon, including these 10 best camping sites in Oregon.
- Fort Stevens State Park. This is a very diverse park that all Oregon campers should enjoy. The miles of hiking and bike trails are favorites among campers at this campground. Campers can enjoy swimming and boating at beautiful Coffenbury Lake. This park also has two smaller lakes for fishing and canoeing. History buffs won't be disappointed when camping here, because Fort Stevens has an amazing museum with displays that date back to the Civil war. The diversification of this park makes it one the best camping sites in Oregon.
- Crater Lake National Park. Immeasurable beauty is the only way to describe this place. The beautiful blue waters of crater lake are surrounded by cliffs thousands of feet high. Hiking the many trails at Crater Lake is a favorite activity of campers. Teachers should not miss a change to camp here, because they can learn about educational opportunities, including field trip planning, that would be beneficial to their students.
- Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park. This campground located halfway up the Oregon coast is great for camping all year round. Swimmers can enjoy swimming in one of the two freshwater lakes in the park or in the Pacific Ocean which is only a few miles from the park. Water sports, including canoeing, are popular activities at this park. During the fall season campers won't want to miss picking delicious huckleberries and blackberries.
- Astoria-Warrenton-Seaside KOA Campground. KOA campgrounds are known to be great and this one lives up to the KOA reputation. This campground is located on the tip of the Oregon coast and is only one mile from the beach. Attending outdoor crab festivals is one of the favorite activities of campers at this campground. Other activities include fishing, whale watching, clam digging, hiking, and biking. This KOA has clean rest rooms and showers for visitors to use. Campers can bring their RV's, tents, or rent a cozy cabin. The location, cleanliness, and activities are why this is one the the ten best places to camp in Oregon.
- Viento State Park. This park is one of Oregon's best kept camping secrets. It is located in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge. The beautiful views of the gorge are the reason this is one of the best camping sites in Oregon. Viento has modern camping sites that are available on a first come first serve basis. Viento has some of the best windsurfing in Oregon. Other popular activities include picnicking and hiking.
- Beverly Beach State Park. Another Oregon state park comes through as one of the ten best camping sites in Oregon. Campers love the walkway that goes from the campground, under the highway, to the beach. Fossil hunters and surfers can't get enough of this campground because of its great location next to the beach. There is also a nice visitors center at the park where visitors can get information about the area and purchase souvenirs.
- Diamond Lake Campground. This gem of a campground is located on the east shore of beautiful Diamond Lake. Diamond Lake Campground has both RV and tent camping. This campground has flush toilets, hot showers, and dump stations for campers to use. Fisherman love camping here, because of the boat ramps and fish cleaning station.
- Sea Ranch RV Park. The peaceful location makes this campground one of the best camping sites in Oregon. Sea Ranch is located between the ocean and the Coast Mountain Range. Visitors can take a two block walk to the beach or ride the free shuttle there. This quiet park is open for camping all year round and has full hook ups available.
- Tahkenitch Campground. This secluded campground is perfect for a romantic getaway. Campers can enjoy swimming and boating in Tahkenitch Lake.
Loon Lake Lodge & RV Resort. The view from this place with make visitors belive that they are staying at a five star Switzerland resort instead of a campground. Loon Lake offers the normal camping activities, but the amazing view of the mountain peaks and lakes makes this one of the best camping sites in Oregon.
window.parent.CKEDITOR._[“contentDomReadybody”]( window );
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.