There is much to like about Christmas music, especially these 10 best a cappella Christmas songs. All ten are great a cappella choices, whether you are looking for choir music, caroling songs, or just something to sing with family and friends.
- “Angels We Have Heard On High.” “Angels We Have Heard On High” is one of the best a cappella Christmas songs for choirs or caroling. The song celebrates the birth of Jesus, when angels sang in praise of a newborn king.
- “Away In A Manger.” “Away In A Manger” is another popular a cappella Christmas carol. The song has two melodies that harmonize well together. And most people have sung this song often enough that they know the words.
- “The First Noel.” “The First Noel” is a traditional Christmas carol that most people know. “Noel” stems from two words, French and Latin, meaning “Christmas” and ‘birth.” The song is popular as an a cappella piece.
- “Hark, The Herald Angels Sing.” “Hark, The Herald Angels Sing” is an old hymn with a familiar tune. The popularity of the song lends itself well to a cappella caroling or a Christmas Eve sing-along.
“Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.” “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” is another good a cappella holiday song. Judy Garland introduced the song in the musical “Meet Me In St. Louis,” and Frank Sinatra recorded a more popular version.
- “Jingle Bells.” Just about everyone knows the words to “Jingle Bells,” one of the best-known a cappella Christmas songs in the world. It was actually a Thanksgiving song that became known as a Christmas song because it is most popular during the holiday season.
- “Joy To The World.” “Joy To The World” is one of the most-published Christmas hymns in America. The familiar words and lyrics make it one of the best a cappella Christmas songs to sing during the holidays.
- “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” is a fun and popular Christmas song. Its cheerful holiday feel make it one of the ten best a cappella songs to sing at Christmas.
- “O Come, All Ye Faithful.” “O Come, All Ye Faithful” is the English translation of an old hymn, “Adeste Fideles.” Familiar lyrics, tune, and worldwide popularity put this song on the list for best a cappella Christmas songs.
- “Silent Night.” “Silent Night” is one of the most popular Christmas carols in the world. It is translation of the original German song, “Stille Nacht.” The song is a popular a cappella Christmas song, with well-known lyrics and melody.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …