10 Best Car Seats For Babies
One of the biggest decisions you will make before you even bring a new baby home is what car seat they should ride in. To help make this decision, here are the 10 best car seats for babies. One of the best features of most of these is that they all include the carrier that snaps into the base so if they are sleeping they can keep on sleeping even when you remove them from the car.
- Britax Chaperone. Britax is known as one of the better companies to go to for car seats. They have historically had the best convertible seat on the market. The Chaperone infant seat is no exception. It uses the LATCh safety system, and has several added features including head wings and low birth weight foam.
- Chicco Keyfit 30. This seat can be installed using a seatbelt or the LATCh safety belt. One of its benefits is that the weight limit goes up to 30 pounds. This is good for those bigger babies who might outgrow the infant car seats to quickly.
- Graco Snugride. The Graco Snugride uses a 5 point safety harness along with an infant head rest for extra comfort. It can be used until your baby reaches 20 pounds.
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30. This is another seat with the added benefit of allowing your child to stay in it until they reach 30 pounds. It also uses the LATCh safety system and features industry leading side impact protection.
- Combi Centre DX. This seat features a weighted base for extra stability. The base is also specially shaped to resist rebound, and is the only seat on the market that also has rebound protection in the seat as well.
- Graco Infant Safe Seat. The Safe Seat is one of Gracos convertible infant seats. It can be used from birth up until they are 30 pounds or 32 inches. Since this fits a longer child, it means they can stay rear facing for longer.
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc. This seat is extremely easy to install with the LATCh system and 4 height positions for the base. There is no longer the need to roll up towels to try and level out the base. The height of the harness is also easy to adjust as your baby grows.
- Evenflo Serenade. The Evenflo Serenade is another seat that uses the LATCh safety system for installation. It uses a lot of padding to keep your baby comfortable, and has a canopy that provides complete coverage.
- The First Years Via. This seat has deep side wings to provide protection for side impact. It also uses the LATCh safety system, but has two attach points for additional lateral control.
- Britax Companion. Britax is once again the leader in safety for car seats. This seat has true side impact protection as well as an anti-rebound bar to help stabilizes the seat as well as the child in an impact.