10 Best Cars For New Drivers
The 10 best cars for new drivers will offer the best safety features, perform well in crash tests, and should be relatively cost effective. New drivers have not had a lot of experience behind the wheel, and will need a car that is extremely durable, safe, and stable. In addition, many new drivers will need a car that is lower in cost and offers good gas mileage. In general, larger vehicles will hold up better in the event of an accident, but are not always the easiest cars to maneuver. They will also be considerably higher in gas prices. Other things to consider may be insurance rates, the age of the new driver, and the easiest cars to drive and maneuver. Many cars may look safe and cost-effective, but may not perform well for a new driver with little driving experience. So what are the 10 best cars for new drivers? Read on to see our selections.
- Toyota Corolla. A reliable and sturdy car with exceptional insurance rates. Great for drivers who are looking for a sturdy car that will offer excellent gas mileage.
- Subaru Forester. Has only a 17% risk of rollover in a single vehicle crash. The Forester is great for new drivers because it is easy to handle and maneuver and performs very well in various crash safety tests.
- Scion xD. Performs well in government crash tests. This five-door hatchback vehicle comes equipped with the latest technology features, a sleek design, and a powerful engine. Also very affordable in terms of small SUVs.
- Pontiac Vibe (2006 or later). Includes front, side, and rear airbags. The Vibe is a compact hatchback vehicle that offers a sporty exterior, a lot of space inside, and easy handling for newer drivers.
- Volkswagen Rabbit. A small and compact car that offers the best technology and safety features. This small car is very affordable for those on a budget, and also reliable and powerful for its small size.
- Toyota Prius. A reliable car with relatively high safety ratings. The Prius is a hybrid vehicle that ranks as one of the most fuel efficient vehicles on the market today. Toyota vehicles also offer good insurance rates for newer drivers.
- Hyundai Elantra. Five-star scores in government crash tests. Also very cost effective. Hyundai vehicles are known for being affordable, yet powerful little cars that can last for years when taken care of properly.
- Acura TSX. Sturdy vehicle with five-star crash test ratings. The Acura TSX is an entry-level luxury vehicle that is manufactured by Honda, and has a similar engine to that of the Honda Accord.
- Ford Focus Sedan (2003 or later). Compact car with high safety ratings. The Ford Focus is very affordable for individuals on a tight budget, and has a small, but zippy engine.
- Nissan Rogue. Small SUV offering the best safety features available. It is also very affordable compared to other SUVs on the market today. Noted for having a sporty design, comfortable seating, and good gas mileage.