10 Best Cheap Beer
With the economy still reeling from the devastating financial meltdown, it is important to know what the 10 best cheap beers are. In times as dire as these, nothing beats grabbing an ice cold brewski to help cheer you up. Knowing where to get cheap beer means you get to enjoy your beer while others experiment with stuff used to clean engine blocks.
- General Generic Beer. Packaged in a plain off-white can, the beer pours yellow and is fizzy. While it does not excite the palate, it does not make you wretch either. Perfect for those wanting a quick beer buzz from a good cheap beer.
- Milwaukee's Best. Although the brand may be over exaggerating it's claim as being the best in the fine city of Milwaukee, it is one of the most popular budget beers. For those with a little more cash to burn, this is clearly not the beer of choice. But those working on a budget should place this on their short list.
- Keystone Light. Strangely enough, some believe this to be one of the better beers around. While the old adage “to each his own” applies, clearly, there is both a time and a place for Keystone Light to rank among the best. For those planning to gulp down more than ten beers in a night, the time and the place may be just right for Keystone Light.
- Gluek. Sadly, Gluek is no more. Hailing from the great state of Minnesota, this brand of affordable, cheap beer was phased out late 2010. Fans of this concoction may still find cans in mint condition in gas station and convenience store chillers in and around the northern states.
- Coors Light. The most popular of the cheap stuff, Coors is the beer of choice for those who want to save some coin. While no one in their right mind will mistake its distinct taste as a high-end designer beer, after the tenth beer, no one will notice.
- Simpler Times. Brewed by the Minhas Brewery in Monroe, Wisconsin, Simpler Times is a nice, full bodied, amber colored beer. That and a 6.2% alcohol content.
- Yuengling. Although it sounds like a beer manufactured in a small Chinese village, the beer is actually brewed by one of the oldest breweries in the United States. For a budget beer, Yuengling scores high among afficionados.
- Narragansett. Found almost exclusively in New England, this beer is more than affordable, it's a bargain. It packs a tasty rich malt flavor and sports a nice amber hue.
- Miller Light. Another beer nationally distributed, Miller Light is neither terrible or exceptional. A perfect example of what an econo-beer should taste like.
- Natural Ice. Widely available in communities with underprivileged minorities, a few think this was specially crafted to keep the masses in perpetual psychological and physical bondage. True or not, this really isn't a bad beer.