10 Best Cheap Places To Travel
When you have time but not money, you need to travel cheap, so here are the 10 best cheap places to travel when you don't want to spend a lot of money.Remember, some places that are cheap when you're on the ground may be expensive places to fly to and vice versa. The key to finding a cheap place to travel is to spend some time planning. If you want more insight, then check out top travel videos to help with your planning.
- Las Vegas, Nevada. Although it is known for drawing big spenders, Las Vegas can be very cheap when you put in a little bit of effort and planning. If you're willing to take off peak flights, plane fare will be cut in half. While sitting in a casino gambling, your drinks are free. If you love to eat there are numerous restaurants with amazing buffets at low prices.
- National Parks. When the weather is nice, visiting national parks is a great way to experience nature and travel cheaply. Most parks only charge minimal entrance fees. By bringing and cooking your own food you have a cheap weekend getaway.
- Mexico. Our Southern neighbor is an easy and cheap travel destination. There are daily flights from many major American cities to major Mexican destinations, so fares are low. Food is cheap and plentiful, with alcohol being the most expensive part of a trip.
- Thailand. Depending on when you go, cheap plane flights are available. Americans can survive on less than $40 per day, depending on your tolerance for adventurous and cheap food.
- Prague. This Bohemian city in the former Czech Republic has been a backpacker's favorite for decades. It's an easy city to walk around, and food is about half the cost of comparable food in America.
- Laos. This Asian country has rapidly gained popularity among Western travelers. As the popularity rises, prices drop. This is another beautiful destination that's hard to get to, but worth the effort of changing planes for the cheap food and friendly people.
- Turkey. This is a cheap place to visit and experience a blend of Islamic and European customs. Although it takes some effort to get to Turkey, food and experiences are cheap after you arrive.
- Bolivia. Although there are not many direct flights from America, once you arrive in Bolivia, you can enjoy major cities at small town prices.
- Vietnam. Despite a violent past, modern Vietnam welcomes tourists with loving arms. This Asian country has strong French influences which can be explored through cheap modern cuisine.
- Washington D.C. America's capital city has several weeks worth of free tourist attractions. There are national monuments and museums with rotating collections. With hundreds of available hotels, it's easy to find a cheap place to stay.
Now that you have a guide to the 10 best cheap places to travel it's time to plan your trip. Make sure you have your passport and any visas ready in advance of your trip. If you need vaccinations don't wait until the last minute to get them, no one wants a bad reaction while they're traveling. Bon Voyage.