We present you the 10 best cheesy songs from the ‘90s. The term “cheesy” can have several meanings. A song that is so sappy you stick to it can also be considered cheesy, a song that has ridiculously funny lyrics can also be cheesy and a song that was so happy and light it made people float can be considered cheesy.
- "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston. If you were alive in the 1990s you heard this song about two dozen times at least. The title tells you of the cheese factor just as well as anything we could write.
- "I'll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men. There isn't a single line in this song that doesn't ooze cheese. Boyz II Men liked to alternate between catchy upbeat songs and cheesy ballads and this was the cheesiest of the bunch.
- "Fly" by Sugar Ray. This song was an anomaly because it was the first song performed by Sugar Ray that wasn't head banger type music. The massive swing from hard rock to bubble gum pop helps the cheese factor. The fact that its about being so in love that the lead singer was literally flying boosts it as well.
- "Livin La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin. Songs about living large get a spot high up on the list. This was also one of the most popular songs of the 90's thanks to its catchy beat.
- "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer. This reaches the best cheesiest songs in the 90's thanks to its dance moves and the line that actually thanks God for giving MC his awesome dance moves.
- "Macarena" by Los Del Rio. The best cheesy songs are also some of the worst in creation and Macarena certainly qualifies in that area. The song was so cheesy that it even spurned its own cheesy dance.
- "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice. This is another song where the cheese factor lies in the ridiculousness of the lyrics as well as the fact that it was such a terrible, yet incredibly popular song.
- "I Would Do Anything for Love" by Meatloaf. You can't have meat loaf without a healthy dose of cheese. At least you can't have the recording artist known as Meatloaf. The title of the song gives away the cheese factor quite adequately.
- "Shoop" by Salt N' Pepa. This is also one of the best songs of the 90's but because the female rap duo chose to discuss sex in such a funny and light spirit this song gets an honor as one of the cheesiest of the decade as well
- "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot. The line "My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, hon", alone puts this in the list of cheesiest songs of the 1990's. More hilarious lyrics keep this song near the top of the heap.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …