If you are searching for a good movie to take to your girlfriend’s house or you just want to get in touch with your feminine side, the the list of the 10 best chick flicks of 2008 might help you out. Now don’t cringe too hard. While still labeled a chick flick, you might actually be able to stay awake during some of these movies.
- "Sex and the City" This movie was based off the popular HBO comedy series by the same name. While the plot has women in mind, the ladies of "Sex and the City" are by no means prude so there the movie has that going for it. You also at least to get to look at the stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon.
- "Twilight" Many movie goers what surprised at how much of a chick flick "Twilight" turned out to be. If you are trying to score points with a woman though, suggesting this movie will probably give you bonus points. Just keep reminding yourself that there are werewolves in it and under all those sparkly emotions Edward is still a vampire.
- "Slumdog Millionaire" No you didn’t skip to another list of movie. "Slumdog Millionaire" is a love story and fits within the chick flick genre. It’s one of those movies that appeals to both genders. So pop in the DVD and enjoy a good movie, while earning sensitivity points for suggesting a romance.
- "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" With hot actresses Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson this might be one of the sexiest chick flicks ever. Enjoy and just ignore the girly plot of a summer vacation love triangle.
- "The Women" The all female cast of this movie just screams chick flick. The screenplay is based off of a 1936 play. One of the main characters, Alex Fisher, is openly a lesbian so that’s something.
- "Australia" This is another one of those movies that fits into the chick flick genre but has wide appeal. It stars Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman so the acting in this movie was great. It also is the second highest grossing Australian film of all time.
- "Mamma Mia!" This is a film adaptation of the popular musical by the same name. So yes there is singing in it, lots of it. But there is also a fairly good plot line and some memorable performances.
- "Revolutionary Road" This movie is based off the 1961 Richard Yates novel of the same name. It stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. Try not to shudder as you have a flash back to "Titanic." This is another period type piece for the duo (Their first movie together since Winslet left DiCaprio to die in the ocean) and it’s actually a decent movie.
- "The Duchess" The film is based on Amanda Foreman’s biography of Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire. There was a lot of buzz with this movie since it brought together actress Keira Knightley with director Saul Dibb. It sadly fell short of the hype but at least you can look at Knightley.
- "27 Dresses" This is a very classic chick flick movie, complete with a rather predictable plot. This is the kind of chick flick that even women know is a bad movie but they still love them. Try not to snore if you fall asleep.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …