So you’re probably thinking why would I even want to read a list of the 10 best chick flicks of all time? Say it’s movie night and your girlfriend (or even wife) ask what movie you want to go rent. Saying one of the titles on this list will be sure to earn you some brownie points. Not all of them are that bad and some you might actually enjoy. Just don’t tell anyone.
- "Gone with the Wind" (1939) – This is one of the most classic chick flicks and if you can sit through it, you’ve just earned several guy nights. Actually as far as classic films go, this is a rather good one. If you’re into history, you’ll probably like it. Yes it’s a love story but it’s also one of the best Civil War epics of all time.
- "Thelma and Louise" (1991) – Another classic chick flick but you might really enjoy. It’s a girl power movie but it’s loaded with action. The plot (If you were living under a rock during the ‘90s and never heard of this movie.) is about a single woman, Louise, and her happily married girl-pal, Thelma. Louise drags Thelma on a wild night out that ends in shooting a guy. The girls go on crime spree. By many it’s been called one of the best movies of all time.
- "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" (2003) – While more of a romantic comedy, it’ll still count as a chick flick in your woman’s eyes if you suggest it on date night. It’s also a hilariously funny movie. It stars Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey.
- "Mean Girls" (2004) – Now keep an open mind about this one. Yes it’s a chick flick. Yes it’s a high school chick flick. It’s also a really funny movie. Love her or just love to hate her, Lindsay Lohan’s performance is right on.
- "Pretty Woman" (1990) – You’re sure to find this movie on pretty much any 1990’s top movie list. Julia Roberts is known for staring in chick flicks but "Pretty Woman" was one that really pushed her popularity. Roberts and Richard Gere work well together and the plot is based on a rather unique subject matter.
- "Ghost" (1990) – First off this movie has Demi Moore in it. Second it has a young Demi Moore in a pair of just-poured-into '80s tights. That should give you enough enjoyment to watch this movie in itself. It also has a great plot. And oh yeah, this movie has one of the sexiest scenes involving a pottery wheel in existence.
- "He’s Just Not that Into You" (2009) – Once you get pass the fact that this is a chick flick this movie has it all. There is a great cast, multiple story lines and the movie is easily relatable.
- "Bridget Jones’s Diary" (2001) – This chick flick is another well-written film. It also has a great performance by Renae Zellweger and she’s a very realistic heroine. This adds to the movies charm.
- "Titanic" (1997) – Okay so most men consider this movie about as big a tragedy as the actual Titanic. So what is this chick flicks redeeming quality? It has one of the hottest sex scenes in movie history. The nude portrait scene is also one that should wake you up. If all else fails, cheer when Leonardo DiCaprio sinks into the ocean but do it silently.
- "Moulin Rouge!" (2001) – Warning this one is not only a chick flick but it’s also a musical. It’s also one of the most artful musicals in the last decade and a very unique chick flick. Nicole Kidman also drips sexiness and there is a lot visually going on during the movie. You might not enjoy it but at least you won’t be snoring.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.