Looking for the 10 best children's acting schools? Children’s acting schools promise to prepare an aspiring young actor for a career in show business. Schools offer classes involving acting, singing, dancing and performance arts for kids starting at the age of four. The schools are located all over the world, from California to Florida and from New York to England.
- The Young Actor’s Studio – Located in Los Angeles, the Young Actor’s Studio is one of the best children’s acting schools in the nation. The school teaches children and teens as well as young adults using encouragement and praise to develop a confidence needed to be successful in acting. The school also promises to use professional actors, writers and directors to help mentor the children.
- TVI Actors Studio – The TVI Actors Studio, located in New York and Los Angeles, remains one of the best children’s acting schools. The school offers classes for kids aged five to seventeen and students learn at the feet of casting directors, managers, talent agents, producers and directors. Recognized acting teachers and coaches also teach classes.
- Kids Acting Studio – Austin’s own Kids Acting Studio is one of Texas best children’s acting schools. The studio has twelve locations across Texas. The studio offers classes in acting, comedy, show stoppers, circus acts, dance and voice. The school also offers opportunities to act in major musicals including “Chicago” and “Beauty and the Beast.”
- LCA – Lights Camera Acting is a school for actors of all ages taught by working actors. Located in Los Angeles, the school offers a class aimed for children and teens. The five-week course teaches, strengthens and builds acting skills for kids. The class costs $260 and is limited to eight students.
- Drama Kids International – Drama Kids International offers classes in one of the best children’s acting schools. The school, training kids for over 25 years, began when Helen O’Grady, an Australian actress, decided to create an acting program for children. As of 2010, over 45,000 students attend classes in over 1,500 locations across the world.
- Children’s Acting Academy – The Children’s Acting Academy is one of the best children’s acting schools located in New York. The school teaches in the style of Strasberg, Stanislavski and Meisner, teaching children the method style of acting. Broadway and television professionals teach at the school.
- Northwest Children’s Theater and School – Opened in 1993, the Northwest Children’s Theater and School is a nonprofit theater and one of America’s best children’s acting schools. The school offers classes year round, teaching kids ages 4 1/2 up to 18. It includes an internship program and volunteer opportunities for teenagers.
- Theatre 4 Kids – Located in Walton-on-Thames, Theater 4 Kids is one of England’s best children’s acting schools. The school offers three levels of classes. Children aged four to seven enroll in Theatre 4 Tots, kids aged seven to ten take Theatre 4 Kids classes and youngsters aged ten to fourteen enroll in T4K classes.
- John Robert Powers – Based in Long Island, New York, John Robert Powers Long Island remains one of the best children’s acting school, taking children and developing their acting, singing and modeling skills. The school has taught children since 1923. Students have gone on to star in television commercials, music videos and television shows.
- Lisa Maile – Located in central Florida, the Maile is one of the best children’s acting school’s in the state of Florida. The school’s graduates work in television commercials, feature films, runway, TV and industrials. The school offers study in acting, modeling and image. It also offers numerous classes for young children ages six to ten.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…