Do you know who the 10 best Chinese actors are? These famous Chinese actors have performed in a wide array of moves, ranging from action flicks to dramas. Read on to learn more about how these Chinese actors have influenced the fabric of the entertainment and film industry.
- Jackie Chan. One of the most renowned kung-fu actors and directors in Hollywood, Jackie Chan first gained his fame in the Hong Kong movie industry. As a child, he was trained at the Peking Opera School. Jackie Chan is one of the best Chinese actors, as shown by the remarkable box office record of his movies.
- Chow Yun Fat. Most memrable in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Chow Yun Fat is another action movie star who started his entertainment career in Hong Kong. As one of the best Chinese actors, Chow is highly versatile and has performed in dramas and romantic films.
- Bruce Lee. Not only is Bruce Lee one of the best Chinese actors, he is also a legend who continues to charm many after his death. Widely recognized as the father of Jeet Kuen Do, Lee started his acting career in Hong Kong.
- Jet Li. Recently tarred in The Expendables, Jet Li is one of the best Chinese actors in Hollywood. He played major roles in Lethal Weapon 4, In Forbidden Kingdom, and Romeo Must Die.
- Russell Wong. Another martial arts actor, Russell Wong became famous after he appeared in New Jack City. Some of his new films include The Sanctuary, Unshakable, and Dim Sum Funeral.
- Brandon Lee. Now deceased, Brandon Lee had been one of the best Chinese actors as he devoted most of his free time in acting. He grew up as a bilingual speaker, being fluent in both Cantonese and English.
- Stephen Chow. One of the best Chinese actors in Hong Kong, Stephen Chow is famous for his dead-pan humor. His movies Kung Fu Hustle, Tai Chi, and Shaolin Soccer have become available in the United States.
- Tony Leung Chiu Wai. Often starred in films directed by Wong Ka Wai, the director who filmed My Blueberry Nights, Tony Leung has received applauds for his performance in Chungking Express, 2046, and Happy Together, a controversial film on homosexuality. He is also a protagonist in Inferno Affairs, the Hong Kong film that inspired The Departed.
- Andy Lau. Famous in Hong Kong, Andy Lau first gain his prominence in America through The Warlords. This epic war film depicts the conflicts of three brothers who at the end betray each other for self-interests.
- Chen Chang. A supporting character in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, this Taiwanese actor is a co-star of Tong Leung in Happy Together. He has prominent roles in many Hong Kong and Taiwanese movies.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.