Looking for the 10 best Chinese restaurants in Baltimore? The restaurant dining experience in Baltimore is made enticing by the variety of options available due to the city's melting pot of ethnic cuisine and regional culture. If it's Chinese cuisine you're interested in, here are the 10 best Chinese restaurants in Baltimore.
- Kirby's Szechuan. Located in South Baltimore, this family-run restaurant in the Fed Hill neighborhood has been around for almost two generations. This staying power is not surprising; the food is tasty and old-fashioned, prepared properly and not overly greasy. Kirby's Szechuan: 1125 S. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21230; (410) 752-8409.
- Royal China. Serving lunch and dinner and offering carry out as well, this restaurant may carry a lofty name, but rest assured that it welcomes all ordinary mortals. Dining fare includes most popular Chinese dishes, using fresh ingredients and plated in an attractive manner to enhance the dining experience. Service is fast and courteous, and takeout is quick. Royal China: 4715 Eastern Ave., Baltimore, MD 21224; (410) 276-9896.
- China Wok. This name of this White Marsh restaurant may give the impression that it serves only Chinese food, but China Wok also serves Japanese food and has a sushi bar. The menu has lunch and dinner fare and healthy choices, with brown rice on request. China Wok: 7916 Honeygo Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21236; (410) 931-3586.
- Lucky Express. This family-friendly Rosedale place offers typical neighborhood Chinese takeout options that are quite good, along with popular American items like chicken nuggets, fried shrimp, fried fish and french fries. Customers can opt to go "international" and order specials like chicken wings with a side of pork or chicken fried rice. Lucky Express: 1723 Chesaco Ave., Rosedale, MD 21237; (410) 866-6696.
- Ding How. Located at Fell's Point, this authentic Chinese restaurant has a fish tank that greets customers before they settle down to savor lunch or dinner with an array of contemporary gourmet dishes at reasonable prices. Affordable and quickly-served lunch specials make this a favorite among locals. If it's any indication, even ethnic Chinese customers like this place, with its cozy atmosphere and friendly waiters. Portions are quite generous, and the food is simply great. Ding How: 631 S. Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231; (410) 327-8888.
- The Orient. The great chefs at The Orient have delightfully created a Chinese American/Japanese menu, and this has made the place a favorite among Baltimoreans, consistently serving huge portions of very good Chinese food and Japanese fare. This restaurant has all the things that count: a full bar, great service, free delivery and a huge dining room that easily accommodates large parties. The Orient: 319 York Road, Towson, MD 21204; (410) 296-9000.
- East West Bistro. Formerly known as Hunan Annapolis, East West Bistro offers an upscale level of Chinese cuisine in a nice atmosphere. The formula is simple: Chinese food and bistro atmosphere equals tasty experience. The double-cooked pork, Hunan pork and sweet and sour pork count among the long-time favorites. East West Bistro: 8151 Ritchie Highway, Pasadena, MD 21122; (410) 544-5604.
- Zhongshan. This Chinese restaurant offers a wide range of traditional Chinese as well as vegetarian entrees. The sticky rice with chicken is a sticky favorite, and the place beats out most other Chinese restaurants in D.C. and Philly. The service is fantastic, and the staff are polite and professional. It has little competition for authentic Chinese dishes around Baltimore. Zhongshan: 323 Park Ave., Baltimore, MD 21201; (410) 223-1881.
- P.F. Chang's. P.F. Chang's has a franchise decor that is as invigorating as it is inviting. The popularity of the place will sometimes compel you to wait. But it's the kind of place you'd go to grab a quick, reliable lunch. Their lunch bowls are just the right size and carry a reasonable price. Many customers like their healthy meal of grilled salmon with brown rice and garlic snap peas. P.F. Chang's: 600 East Pratt St., Baltimore, MD 21202; (410) 649-2750.
- Peking House. This cozy Chinese restaurant at Putty Hill Shopping Center offers the most popular Chinese choices, including vegetarian options that go beyond the predictable sauteed mixed vegetables. Peking House: 7916 Belair Road, Baltimore, MD 21236; (410) 661-1702.
When visiting Baltimore, be sure to visit any of these top 10 Chinese restaurants for a delicious and enjoyable experience!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.