The ten best Chinese restaurants in Houston is a wonderful mix of traditional fare and some advance dishes for the Chinese food lover in all of us. Chinese restaurants are a staple for American dining, whether it is for dinner, lunch or just to have some of those doggie boxes in the fridge, Chinese food is that good. Chinese restaurants circle the country and Houston is no different, these residents know what they like and Chinese is definitely on the menu.
Hope you enjoy the list of ten best Chinese restaurants in Houston. Be sure to visit a few to get your personal take on these Chinese masterpieces.
- The Great Wall Restaurant is an elegant dining experience with exceptional fare and a wait staff that is far above the rest. With an eclectic menu and chef specials that are exceptional, this Chinese restaurant is rue to please. The Great Wall Restaurant: 14360 Bellaire Blvd., Houston, Texas 77083.
- Shan Hu Chinese Restaurant offers a traditional atmosphere and menu with plates over filled with fine cuisine. Great prices, great food and plenty of doggie boxes, how can you go wrong, well frankly, you cannot. Be sure to try the buttered garlic shrimp if you are a seafood lover. Shan Hu Chinese Restaurant: 7656 Bellfort St., Houston, Texas 77061.
- PF Chang’s China Bistro is a staple of modern Americanized, but still great Chinese restaurant cuisine. The lettuce wrap is phenomenal and the service is exceptional. A fine and relaxed atmosphere coupled with great deserts make PF Chang’s a no brainer for this list. PF Chang’s China Bistro: 4094 Westheimer Rd., Houston, Texas 77027.
- China Garden Restaurant boasts a Hooton tradition that spans forty years. This tradition has brought forth many fascinating dishes such as sizzling fried rice soup and jalapeño shrimp. China Garden Restaurant: 1602 Leeland St., Houston, Texas 77003.
- Pepper Tree Vegetarian Cuisine offers Chinese food for the vegetarian. The menu is unique and offers a wide variety to choose from. The food is well prepared and quite tasty with a large chef’s menu to include tofu curry. Pepper Tree Vegetarian Cuisine: 3821 Richmond Ave., Houston, Texas 77027.
- Panda Garden Restaurant is a relaxing dining experience with a larger then expected menu. The selections are vast and the food traditional. The chef is top-notch and offers specials that change with the season. Panda Garden Restaurant: 5534 Weslayan St., Houston, Texas 77005.
- Yao Restaurant and Bar is an exquisite dining experience with a traditional bar offering Chinese alcoholic beverages and beer. The menu offers variations on traditional fare and the tried and true, with a great staff making for a wonderful dining experience. Yao Restaurant and Bar: 9755 Westheimer Rd., Houston, Texas 77042.
- Golden Hunan offer elegant dining with five-star restaurant plating and presentation. The food is excellent as you would expect in such a impressive setting, a nice night out for the two of you. Golden Hunan:1801 Durham Dr., #3, Houston, Texas 77007.
- Shanghai River Restaurant is a beautifully presented restaurant with a deep and rich tradition. The chefs are well-respected international top chefs who dream up some amazing Chinese dishes. Wonderful ambiance with a great feel too, this restaurant will deliver a wonderful dining experience. Shanghai River Restaurant: 2407 Westheimer Rd., Houston, Texas 77098.
- Cafe Taipei Chinese Restaurant is a local Texas favorite for fine dining. Larger selection of traditional favorites and chef specials makes for a unique dining experience. Cafe Taipei Chinese Restaurant: 1416 Eldridge Pkwy., Houston, Texas 77077.