The top choices for 10 best Chinese restaurants in San Jose follow below. As with most communities all over California with a strong Chinese presence, San Jose is a great area to indulge in fine Chinese dining or simple takeouts.
- Wing's Chinese Restaurant: Offering delicious Mandarin and Szechuan cuisine in romantic and friendly ambiance, Wing's Chinese Restaurant offers superb food without resorting to MSG. The old fashioned Chinese food is expertly prepared and adapted to American tastes. Wing's Chinese Restaurant 131 Jackson Street, San Jose, CA 95112(408) 294-3303
- P F Chang's China Bistro: Part of a chain, so the service and bistro ambiance follow a standard operation for that no-surprise factor. Casual and kid-friendly lunch and dinner fare, with an online menu. Food is delicious, even if portions can be somewhat calculated in comparison to other non-chain Chinese food restaurants. P F Chang's China Bistro98 South 2nd Street, San Jose, CA 95113-2501(408) 961-5250
- Pagoda Restaurant: Pagoda Restaurant is know for its consistent romantic, family and child-friendly ambiance and live music. For special needs, they have optional organic menu items and offer booster/high chairs as well as wheelchair access within the downtown Fairmount Hotel. Pagoda Restaurant 170 South Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113-2360 408) 998-3937
- Taiwan Restaurant: A fast food place that accepts reservations in a casual, fun and family friendly, romantic ambiance, Taiwan Restaurant is a favorite among families for years. The food is delicious and prices are very reasonable. Folks who have moved out find themselves returning whenever they visit San Jose again. Taiwan Restaurant 1306 Lincoln Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125-3010 (408) 289-8800
- China Wok Restaurant: China Wok Restaurant is a place that really serves good food without unnecessary flourishes or gimmicks. Excellent quality, huge portions, and always consistent flavors. No surprises. Very few Chinese take-out restaurants in San Jose can compare with the combination of good food and amazing service. China Wok Restaurant 9 North Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113-1207 (408) 280-6688
- Mayflower Chinese Restaurant: This restaurant is not to be confused with the Mayflower Dimsum place in Milpitas. The Mayflower Chinese Restaurant is completely separate. It is a small family-run Taiwanese-style restaurant with simply fine food in unpretentious setting. Mayflower Chinese Restaurant 1080 Saratoga Avenue #5, San Jose, CA 95117 (408) 246-9550
- Mandarin Gourmet-San Jose: The Mandarin Gourmet is located in the heart of Almaden Valley. The wait staff may not be top-ranked, but the excellent food more than makes up for it, and the prices are reasonable. The cooking is Chinese though adapted to the American crowd in a clean atmosphere. Mandarin Gourmet-San Jose 5560 Santa Teresa Blvd, San Jose, CA 95123-1211 408) 281-8898
- Jade China Chinese Food: Great-tasting Chinese food in the San Jose area and inexpensive party trays, and friendly staff delivering quick service all make this place one of the best food and best values in town. It seems that everyone in the neighborhood knows them and have been coming for lunch, dinner, parties and special events. Jade China Chinese Food 2524 Berryessa Road, San Jose, CA 95132-2903 (408) 923-6288
- Ume Chinese Fast Food:The name says it all. Its's a fast food place, but quite famous among the lunch crowd on North First Street. The food may not be spectacular gourmet but the combination of quite good dishes and fast reliable service makes this place a top choice for those craving for good Chinese food in a hurry. Ume Chinese Fast Food 2595 North 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95131-1003 (408) 433-3333
- Chef Li: This restaurant has excellent Chinese food at very good and reasonable prices. Some customers go on to say that Chef Li is probably the best Chinese in the south bay. Portions are good and the menu is fairly extensive at this convenient place at Camden and Union with quick service either for dine in or take out. Might be a little more expensive than the usual Chinese place, but worth it all. Chef Li 2033 Camden Avenue, San Jose, CA 95124- 2024 (408) 377-1168
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.