The 10 best Christian family movies not only promote Christian values, they also offer entertainment the whole family can enjoy. Whether you are looking for an animated adventure or a classic drama, these movies provide their own brand of Christian-themed family entertainment.
- "The Chronicles of Narnia" is not just one movie, it is a series of movies based on the novels of the same name written by C. S. Lewis. The Christian-themed series includes "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)," "Prince Caspian (2008)" and "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)."
- "VeggieTales" is a Christian-themed series of movies about a group of computer animated vegetables. Each movie features moral themes based on lessons from the Bible. The movies are also compatible with Judaism and often combine scripture with pop culture references, which makes "VeggieTales" appealing to children and adults.
- "The Prince of Egypt" is an animated musical film based on the book of Exodus. The movie follows the journey of Moses, the prince of Egypt, as he leads the Hebrew slaves out of Egypt and through the wilderness to Mount Sinai. "The Prince of Egypt" grossed more than $218 million and won an Academy Award for Best Original Song, which qualifies it as one of the 10 best Christian family movies.
- "Facing the Giants" is one of the best Christian family movies because it combines faith and football to tell the story of a high school coach who must discover what is truly important in life when faced with a bad team, job and marriage. He only begins to find his true purpose once he puts his life in God's hands.
- "Ben-Hur" is a 1959 movie starring Charlton Heston, that depicts the story of the Nativity of Jesus Christ. It won a record-breaking eleven Academy Awards and grossed more than $90 million. Although it was released more than 50 years ago, it is still one of the 10 best Christian family movies—enjoyed by fans both new and old.
- "The Secrets Of Jonathan Sperry" is a 2009 Christian family movie that shows how one faithful 75-year-old man makes a difference in the lives of three 12-year-old best friends after he begins having Bible study with them every afternoon. The character of Jonathan Sperry is played by Gavin MacLeod.
- "The Miracle Maker: The Story of Jesus" is a 2000 3-D clay animation movie that tells the life story of Jesus Christ as seen through the eyes of a young girl named Tamar. The movie is voiced by an all-star cast including Ralph Fiennes, as Jesus. "The Miracle Maker's" biblical accuracy and artistic detail makes it one of the 10 best Christian family movies.
- "Flywheel" is a Christian drama film about an unscrupulous car salesman named Jay Austin who mistreats his family, friends and customers. After becoming a born-again Christian, Jay goes on a mission to rebuild his relationship with his family and return all of the money to the customers he has cheated over the years.
- "Fireproof" is a Christian family movie starring Kirk Cameron. The movie tells the story of a fireman (Cameron) who is struggling to save his marriage. "Fireproof" aims to inspire couples to fight for their marriages instead of getting divorced. The fact that the movie grossed $33 million and was named the highest-grossing independent film of 2008, qualifies it as one of the 10 best Christian family movies.
- "Faith Like Potatoes" is the true story of Angus Buchan, a cattle and corn farmer of Scottish ancestry who must take his family and travel to Greytown, South Africa to escape the political unrest in his country of Zambia. Faced with personal hardships and turmoil, he must learn to grow faith as big as the potatoes he begins harvesting. Although "Faith Like Potatoes" was only released in South African theaters, it gained many American fans after being released on DVD in 2006.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.