10 Best Christian Female Artists
Here are the 10 best Christian female artists. There are quite a few great female artists singing very good songs. All of the female Christian artists mentioned in the following article will provide you with well-written, contemporary Christian music performed with great style and panache.
- Janna Long - Janna 's rich voice with its deft phrasing and impressive range leads her to stand out among the pack of female Christian artists. Listen to her "Janna" album with its jazz undertones and you'll be hooked on the sound which is both upbeat and relaxing at the same time.
- Sara Grover - Here is a soft and pretty, but very rich sound which might best be classified as "coffeehouse rock". Her style is cool and dignified . "You Did That For Me" from her "All Right Here" album is one of her best.
- Cece Winans - For a high energy gospel sound, you can't go wrong with Cece Winans! Try "Anybody Wanna Pray With Me?" from her "Cece Winans" album, for a start. You will not only want to pray with her, but you'll also want to get up and dance. Listen to one song and you'll want to listen to more.
- Yolanda Adams - Here is a gospel singer with a rich, throaty voice who will enchant you with her rock/jazz numbers. Her recording of "Never Give Up" from her "Believe" album is a high energy piece that immediately draws you in to her sound.
- Michelle Tumes- Hers is a soft pop, upbeat sound that is very contemporary and may appeal to younger listeners. "The Light" from her "Dream" album is a good example of the style of this female Christian artist.
- Natalie Grant- Natalie's album "Stronger" has an interesting mix of styles. This artist has no trouble crossing over genres, from country guitar, to soft piano ballads to rock.
- Kara Williamson- Her style is mostly pop Christian music with a strong rock beat. Her "Kara" album is a good place to start.
- Rachael Lampa - Here is Christian music also done with a pop/rock style. The "Kaleidoscope" album contains mostly upbeat Christian rock that entertains.
- Jaci Velazquez - The "Unspoken" album is a collection of soft Christian rock. Jaci has a lovely voice with a bit more range and style than is usual with female Christian rock singers.
- Rebecca St. James- Great style and some really nice numbers from the "Wait for Me" album. You've never heard "Lamb of God" sung quite like this! Soft Christian rock that is easy on the ears.