The 10 best Christian owned businesses were founded by Christian owners who integrated their religious principles into their businesses. These businesses have succeeded in the mainstream world and many have become household names:
- In-N-Out Burger is a popular, family-owned restaurant found throughout California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah. This burger joint is famous for their fresh ingredients, timeless menu and personal customer service. At the owner's request, you will find Bible verses printed in inconspicuous places on various cups and wrappers.
- Mary Kay is a popular cosmetics company which was founded by Mary Kay Ash. Mary Kay's motto is: "God first, family second, career third." Her strong belief in living the "Golden Rule" and making God her priority above all else, was one of the principles that helped make her business one of the best Christian owned businesses today. Mary Kay products are now sold by millions of representatives all over the world.
- Wendy's was founded by a simple man by the name of Dave Thomas. Thomas' values were very important to him and he made sure to bring that into his business style. He was often quoted as saying, "You can be anything you want to be within the laws of God and Man." Wendy's continued success demonstrates how strong a Christian owned business can be when coupled with strong beliefs.
- Big Idea Entertainment is the little dream that grew like a weed—or a vegetable! Big Idea is responsible for the popular series of children's videos better known as "VeggieTales," which features talking vegetables such as Larry the Cucumber. Founded in 1989, Big Idea is still growing and developing new concepts to bring to children's entertainment.
- eHarmony is one of the biggest names in online dating and matchmaking services. The company's founder, Dr. Neil Clark Warren, is an evangelical Christian who has been widely supported by the Christian community. eHarmony has proven itself to be a strong and reputable Christian owned company that won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
- EMI Christian Music Group is a Christian music industry leader. With the acquisition of record label companies such as Sparrow Records and ForeFront records, EMI represents some of the most famous Christian performers in the business. Founder Billy Ray Hearn has said, "I've always been led by the importance of doing what God says to do," and he takes pride in representing his beliefs through his business.
- Chick-fil-A is the second largest quick-service restaurant chain and founded by S. Truett Cathy. When asked why the popular business closes on Sunday, Cathy responded, "Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and of directing our attention to things that mattered more than our business.” Chick-fil-A is a successful Christian owned business model worth imitating.
- Daystar Television Network reaches a potential 80 million United States households & operates over 70 television stations across the United States. President and CEO, Marcus D. Lamb, began preaching at the age of fifteen and by 27-years-old he became the youngest person to ever form a television station in the United States. As one of the fastest growing Christian television networks in the world, Daystar proves that a Christian owned business can thrive.
- Interstate Batteries' produces more than 16,000 different types of batteries. Their mission statement reads: "To glorify God as we supply our customers worldwide with top quality, value-priced batteries…" As one of the most reliable Christian owned businesses around today, they've become the number one replacement brand battery in North America.
- Zondervan is a leader in Christian book and Bible publishing. Their more than 5,000 Bibles, books and other faith-based products are sold in more than 60 countries around the world. Zondervan is definitely one the best Christian owned and operated businesses setting an example for others who wish to bring faith into their finances.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.