10 Best Christian Singing Groups
The 10 best Christian singing groups are in a genre that continues to show growth in album sales each year. Worship, praise, rock or pop-inspired music is here to stay. Gospel music now has its own cable station GMC in which to highlight the music videos of these faith inspired musicians. Here’s a short list of the most popular groups in Christian music genre.
- Jars of Clay. The first Christian band to cross over to secular music with their hit song, “Flood.” This ten best Christian singing group broke down the barriers when their song hit the rock charts.
- Casting Crown. Grammy winners this singing Christian group is one of the best album bands in this genre of all time. Pollstar considers this world-touring band one of the best touring groups in the US. Winners of five consecutive Dove awards for Christian group of the year.
- Swiftfoot. This ten best Christian singing groups is successful both in the Christian genre and secular market. Their albums have gone from gold to double platinum.
- Third Day. This three-time Grammy winning band appeared in a segment of “60 Minutes.” They combine Southern and modern rock with praise, gospel and worship music.
- David Crowder Band. The popularity of this singing group in Christian and secular music was named as MSN’s “Artist of 2006” beating out secular super stars such as Prince and Kenny Chesney. They are one of the best ten Christian singing groups on the market today.
- Mercy Me. One of the few ten best Christian singing groups whose hit gospel song, “ I Can Only Imagine” receives consistent secular radio play. This group has achieved Grammy and Dove award nominations.
- Flyleaf. This Christian singing group’s fist album went certified gold. They’re received by a younger demographic and have had their video played on MTV. Definitely a ten best Christian singing group and one to watch in the future.
- Sixpence None The Richer. Their song, “Kiss Me” found its way onto the movie soundtrack “She’s All That” and became an overnight sensation with a #1 hit on the charts and the most played song in 11 countries. This 10 best Christian singing group won a Dove award in 2000.
- Point of Grace. Winners of ten Dove awards they’ve achieved twenty-four #1 hit singles in Christian music radio play. This three-girl singing trio is one of the top 10 best Christian groups still plugging away with their music today.
- 4Him. This four-man Christian singing group garnered 11 hit Christian music albums, 3 Dove awards for “Best Group of the Year” and 24 #1 hit single on Christian music radio play. With a blend of traditional Gospel music and pop this ten best Christian singing group rounds out of list as one of the best of all time.