10 Best Christmas Albums
What are the 10 Best Christmas Albums? With the holiday season fast approaching, we are anxious and ready to purchase Christmas music. Some of us are even ready to listen to Christmas anything 24/7. Take a look and purchase one, two or all of these all time great Christmas albums from your favorite music store.
- "A Christmas Gift For You" from Phil Specter. While he may have been the music worlds most controversial figures, he was able to capture great music from some of the worlds greatest singers and turn simple sounds into pure gold."A Christmas Gift For You" is one of the greatest albums combining star singers such as The Ronettes, Bob B. Soxx and The Blue Jeans and The Crystals.
- Elvis "Christmas Album." By far, Elvis Aaron Presley was the all time greatest singer impacting the world and transcending the differences of races and religion with his voice. He recorded numerous Christmas songs with the 1970 album being one of the best. Traditional tunes such as "Silent Night", "White Christmas", "Santa Claus is Coming To Town'' and numerous others along with his popular version "Blue Christmas."
- Nat King Cole "The Christmas Song." The smooth sounds of one of the greatest voices ever recorded is experienced in numerous songs from "The Christmas Song." Versions of "Oh Holy Night", "O Come All Ye Faithful" and others are tunes that are pillars of the Christmas season.
- Bing Crosby's "White Christmas." This album has made every Christmas list from its first recording as one of the all time greats. "White Christmas" Christmas must.
- Andy Williams "Christmas Album." With a voice described by Ronald Reagan as being a "national treasure," Andy Williams recorded the "Andy Williams Christmas" album that went gold and then platinum. It was one of the best selling albums of the 1960's and continues to be sought after during the Christmas season today.
- Burl Wives "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer." Never before and never again will there be anything more adorable than the story of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" as narrated by Burl Ives. His album incorporates numerous other Christmas classics such as "There's always Tomorrow," "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year," and "We Are Santa's Elves."
- Percy Faith "Music of Christmas." One of the all time favorites of Christmas for those who want the quiet sounds that remind them of those by-gone days. Music such as "O Come all Ye Faithful," "Joy To the World," "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear," "Hark the Herald Angel Sings" and many many more. The songs that are the foundation of Christmas are on this one.
- Johnny Mathis "Merry Christmas." "Merry Christmas" with Johnny Mathis features the Percy Faith Orchestra as Johnny Mathis sings Christmas favorites in his own original way crooning tunes in his sweet, smooth voice such as "O Holy Night" and "Silent Night." He makes this one of his masterpieces.
- Ella Fitzgerald's "Christmas." This album by the jazz great is a holiday masterpiece. She parlayed her well renowned voice for gospel into "Christmas" as she sings tunes such as "O Little Town of Bethlehem" and "Joy To the World." As one review indicated "How can one get any better than Ella?"
- The Temptations "Give Love At Christmas." This is an absolute soulful must have album for the Christmas season. The Temptation's version of "Silent Night" is one that no one has been able to capitalize on or duplicate. This is absolutely the most sought after version of "Silent Night" ever recorded.