The 10 best Christmas comedy movies will put anyone in the mood for a happy holiday. These movies are fun and entertaining while focusing one of the biggest holidays of the year. Don’t be surprised if you decide to put one of these films under the tree as a gift for someone else.
- "A Christmas Story" The classic tale of a boy’s want and his parent’s refusal to fulfill that want make this story one of the best Christmas movies. A pink bunny suit, rabid dogs and a Christmas meal at the local Chinese restaurant make it one of the funnies movies ever made. This film is one of the best Christmas comedy movies.
- "National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation" This somewhat racy movie follows the ridiculous Griswolds as they try to host the All-American Christmas. An uncle in a leisure suit, corporate gifts of jam, an exploding tree and the swat team’s arrival make this one movie where the laughs never stop arriving. “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” is one of the funniest holiday movies of all time.
- "Four Christmases" This fairly recent movie follows a nonchalant couple as they must spend the holidays with their families. The quirks of each of the four sets of parents and the mishaps at each of their homes are hilarious. This Christmas comedy is perfect for any adult who faces the holidays with a certain amount of dread.
- "Home Alone" The best in the series, this holiday movie still manages to make viewers laugh. When the simple act of buying a toothbrush makes a child run in terror, however, viewers also feel the child’s fear of being alone without parents. “Home Alone” is a great Christmas comedy film.
- "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Either Jim Carrey or the cartoon version of this movie are filled with laughs. Watching a cranky old man find the joy of Christmas is funny for everyone, particularly those lacking holiday spirit this year.
- "Elf" Will Ferrell as Buddy makes this movie a must-see at the holidays. Stashed with Santa from an early age, Buddy travels to New York to find his real father. The mere idea of a happy Elf in New York is funny enough, but Ferrell’s acting brings an extra set of laughs. “Elf” is a classic Christmas comedy movie.
- "Bad Santa" Each year Billy Bob Thornton takes a job as Santa at the local mall to rob the stores. The complete disinterest in the holiday spirit and Thornton’s grisliness make every seen humorous. “Bad Santa” is a great Christmas comedy film.
- "Scrooged" Bill Murray’s version of the ancient tale fills this film with laughter. The angels are no innocents when they try to help Murray discover the true meaning of the holiday. “Scrooged” is a hilarious holiday movie.
- "Jingle All the Way" When an almost absentee father forgets his son’s Christmas gift, he races out to purchase the action figure on Christmas Eve. The only problem? The toy is sold-out everywhere. He and another father are desperate to get their hands on the toy, no matter the cost. “Jingle All the Way” is a funny Christmas movie.
- "The Family Man" A comedy movie with a heart wrenching touch, in this film Nicholas Cage learns what his life would have been like if he’d made a different decision years ago. The story of a man trying to fit into a world with children is one hilarious plot. Don’t miss this great Christmas movie.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.