10 Best Christmas Gift Ideas For Girlfriends
Is December 25 quickly approaching and you need to know the 10 best Christmas gift ideas for girlfriends? Whether you spent ten days or ten minutes planning for the big day, here's a list of ideas to help you pick the perfect Christmas gift for your girlfriend. She'll be impressed with your thoughtfulness and you'll be off the hook until at least Valentine's day.
- iPod. If you really want to score bonus points with your lady, buy her an iPod and pre-load it with all of her favorite jams. Make a few playlists with all of your special songs. You could include playlists with cheesy love songs, songs that remind you of her or songs that bring back funny memories the two of you shared. Each time she listens to her iPod, she’ll think of you.
- Gift card to her favorite restaurant. Chances are your girlfriend has a place she really likes to eat. It doesn’t have to be a fancy sit-down restaurant. If she’s a Burger King girl, grab her a gift card and write her a funny message about her being your burger queen.
- Nutcracker ballet. Many ladies enjoy going to the ballet. If your girlfriend is the type of lady who enjoys going to the ballet, this is a gimme. Write her a handwritten card and stick the tickets inside. If you’re feeling extra generous, take her out to dinner beforehand and make a full date night out of it.
- Tickets. Buy her tickets to her favorite Broadway musical, airline tickets to the Bahamas or tickets to see her favorite rock band. Tickets are a good way to preplan a date. They also remind your sweetie that you pay attention to her interests and know the types of things she likes.
- Lessons. Dance, pottery, jewelry making, whatever she’s always wanted to do, but hasn’t had the chance. If she’s been dying to learn how to knit, sign her up at the local yarn shop. Buy her a pair of knitting needles and some yarn to complete the gift.
- Anything handmade. Women are a sucker for homemade gifts. They show that you care and you had the foresight to plan something special in advance. Even if you’re not the crafty type, you can still make something special. She’ll care about the time you spent on it, not the quality of the finished product.
- Massage certificate. Most women love to get a massage. If you’re not sure about the best place to buy a certificate, you can do an internet search to find spas in your area. If you’re on a budget, keep checking your local city’s Groupon page for deals.
- Boots. Boots are all the rage from Uggs to high heel stilettos and everything in between. If in doubt, check a pair of her shoes to find out what size she wears. Make sure to keep a copy of the receipt incase she needs a different size or wants a different style.
- Jewelry. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend. But if you can’t afford diamonds, any jewelry will do. Most women like receiving jewelry as a gift. Try to find out her ring size and birthstone in advance. Jewelry is always fun to wrap up in a big box or in a series of boxes to throw her off the jewelry trail.
- Smelly stuff. Perfume, scented body lotions, candles, you name it. If it’s scented, she’ll probably like it. Make she you do a little snooping beforehand to make sure you know the types of scents she likes. Take note of the perfume she wears and don’t be afraid to ask the saleslady for help finding something similar.
Christmas gift giving can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Use this list of the ten best Christmas gift ideas for girlfriends to make your shopping trip much less painful.