Music is a huge part of holiday celebrations. so here are the 10 best Christmas holiday songs. Each song is popular, played often on radio stations and sung by listeners and music lovers. These songs have common lyrics that remind people who are listening of great holiday memories.
- “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” by Brenda Lee. This is one of the most popular songs played during the holidays. Listeners sing along with this oldie but goodie. Lee recorded this song for the first time when she was only thirteen years old back in 1958.
- “Have a Holly Jolly Christmas,” by Burl Ives. Christmas is said to be “the best time of the year” in the lyrics of this famous holiday song. It was written by Johnny Marks who wrote many other popular Christmas songs including “Rudolf, the Red-Nosed Reindeer.”
- “Christmas Canon,” by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. This song is one of the most downloaded holiday songs according to iTunes and is therefore one of the best Christmas holiday songs.
- “O Holy Night,” by Celine Dion. “O Holy Night” is a song that was first composed in 1847 and since then there have been numerous versions recorded. In 1998, Dion recorded it and because of her amazing voice and range, this song has once again become one of the best and most listened to holiday songs.
- “Happy Xmas,” by John Lennon. In 1971, Lennon recorded this still-famous Christmas holiday song. This song was a plea for peace after the war and is one of the most recognizable holiday songs today.
- “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow,” by Dean Martin. One of the best Christmas songs listened to each year is the one made famous by Dean Martin. It was written in 1945 and the theory says that it was recorded in Hollywood on one of the hottest days of the year.
- “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” by Andy Williams. A top ten best Christmas song list would not be complete without this famous song from 1963 by Andy Williams. This peppy, happy holiday song helps get people in the “Christmas Spirit.”
- “It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas,” by Perry Como. Perry Como is one of the most famous singers around. This great holiday song is played by radio stations each and every year and is a great holiday song to listen to when it’s snowing.
- “Santa Claus is Coming to Town,” by Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen. This popular duet by two rock singers was recorded in 2003 and receives a great deal of radio play each holiday season. The original song was first written in 1934 and has been sung by numerous artists over the years.
- “Jingle Bell Rock,” by Billy Idol. This more recent recording took place in 2006 from a song that was first released in 1957 by Bobby Helms. The lyrics of this song are popular to almost everyone who likes Christmas music.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?