Christmas is a great opportunity to exercise your vocal chords with the 10 best Christmas songs! Sorting through all of the popular Christmas songs to find one particularly outstanding version can be time-consuming. The following Christmas songs are some of the best versions of popular tunes and are sure to get the Christmas spirit flowing freely! Get out your Santa hats and your jingle bells and sing your heart out, no matter what season it is!
- "Blue Christmas" – Elvis Presley. Nobody sings this Christmas song better than the "King of Rock and Roll"! His version has great music and great vocals, especially the "ooh" background singers. This is one song that everyone recognizes when they hear it and it is perfect for singing along with!
- "O, Holy Night" – John Berry. This beautiful song is one of the most moving songs ever written. A Christmas song like this has to be sung by someone with talent and heart, since there is great meaning in the lyrics. John Berry does an absolutely captivating rendition—one that sends chills up the spine.
- "Silent Night" – The Temptations. This is another classic Christmas tune, but done in a very unique and upbeat fashion. The Temptations are in a league of their own with the way they showcase their vocal talents in what is normally a somber tune.
- "Jingle Bell Rock" – Bobby Helms. This is the original version of this catchy Christmas number. Sometimes, no matter how many artists record a song, the original is still the best. That is definitely true with this song. It has proven to stand the test of time when it comes to popularity.
- "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" – Brenda Lee. One more original version that is still the best one out there. Only 14 when she recorded this number, Brenda Lee's raspy yet childlike voice gives this song exactly what it needs to remain loved after all these years.
- "All I Want for Christmas is You" – Lisa Layne, of Vince Vance and the Valiants. This is a Christmas song that has been sung by many talented artists. But this artist tends to be overlooked when compared to some of the bigger names that lent their voices to this song. Lisa Layne sings this song with passion and demonstrates her broad vocal spectrum. This song is not for just anyone to sing; it takes a big voice to make it work and she definitely has the voice.
- "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" – Bruce Springsteen. A Christmas song like this is usually sung in a sweet manner with gentle music. But "The Boss" gives it a whole new rock and roll twist. He takes a child's favorite song and turns it into one that adults love to listen to. Songs like this make the Christmas radio season easier to get through.
- "Winter Wonderland" – Jason Mraz. He has not been around a long time, but Jason Mraz has already established himself as one truly talented artist. His version of this classic Christmas song features a bit of "scatting," which is always exciting to hear. He has a pure and mellow voice that does not need to stretch to its limits to impress. He just sings and it sounds beautiful.
- "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" – John Mellencamp. One more rocked out version of a Christmas song. This cutesy little ditty is given a much harder edge by John Mellencamp's unique, rough voice. As with Springsteen's song, when the radio stations start overloading the airwaves with Christmas music, songs like this lighten the mood and change the pace.
- "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" – John Lennon and Yoko Ono. No list of the 10 best Christmas songs would be complete without mentioning this one. There is just something about this song that appeals to all audiences. John and Yoko sent out their message of peace and love during a time when the world needed to hear it. That same message still applies today and the world is still listening.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.