The ten best cities for young professionals can be either small or large cities. As long as a city has growth potential and is filled with young, energetic people, the city has a chance to expand. When deciding which city to live in, the young professional should factor in the cost of living, housing expenses and potential income. Below are the ten best cities for young professionals.
- Austin, Texas As the capital of Texas, Austin is one of the best cities for young professionals. Austin ranks as the fourth lowest unemployment rates for cities with populations over one million. With eight colleges and universities, the Austin school district is one of the top employers. The city is able to boast a below average cost of living, reasonable rent and many bars and other venues for the twenties crowd.
- Charlotte, North Carolina Charlotte, North Carolina has been rapidly growing for the past twenty years and has now become one of the best cities for young professionals. Charlotte comes in second to New York as the second-largest banking center in the country. Charlotte's cost of living is still below the national average, allowing young people to afford reasonable rent.
- Chicago, Illinois As a young professional, Chicago, Illinois is one of the best cities to live in. Living in Chicago is comparable to living in Manhattan, but at reasonable prices. With a rapidly growing financial sector, Chicago is a good place to look for entry level positions for young professionals. Also, the rent is cheap and Chicago has a great public transportation system.
- Houston, Texas Houston has had 25 of the Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the heart of the city. As one of the best cities for young professionals, Houston is known for its energy, manufacturing, healthcare, transportation and aeronautics. This might be small-city living, but Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States.
- Kansas City, Missouri With below average rent and low cost of living, Kansas City is also one of the best cities for young professionals. With a $9 billion development project in the works, young professionals will have the opportunity to grow with this city.
- Lansing, Michigan As home to five medical universities, two law schools and Michigan State University, Lansing, Michigan has a large population of young professionals. Low cost of living and cheap rent make Lansing an attractive city for the young professional. In addition, the city is building up its downtown area and there is a demand for the technology sector.
- New York, New York There is no place for the young professional like New York. As one of the best cities for the young professional, the job prospects are exceptional. The night life and culture are like no other city. An excellent transportation system makes it unnecessary to own a car in New York. The cost of living is high in New York, but there are other areas of the city where it is possible to get by.
- Washington, D.C The job market in Washington, D.C. is a place of great opportunities for the young professional. There is always the creation of jobs in the government and government related sectors. A young workforce from all over the world makes Washington, D.C a great city with an active nightlife.
- Salt Lake City, Utah Salt Lake City is similar to Denver, but more affordable. Job opportunities are abundant for the young professional in finance, manufacturing and technology. Cost of living and rent are low, which make this a great city for the young professional.
- Portland, Oregon Portland is known for having a very diverse culture. Nearby is Olympia, Washington, which has a lower unemployment rate and a lower cost of living. As a young professional, you have the opportunity to have the best of both worlds.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.