Mystery is one of the most popular genres today and here are the 10 best classic mystery movies. Old time movies have a certain cinematic magic that we don't find in film today. A good "who done it" is always a great idea if you're looking for a good movie to watch. Here is a list of some of the best classic mystery films that you might want to check out.
- "Rebecca" (1940) starring Joan Fontaine and Laurence Olivier is a classic mystery movie. It is based on Daphne DuMaurier's novel of the same name. It tells the story of a man who mysteriously lost his first wife which his new wife grapples with.
- "Laura" (1944) starring Ingrid Bergman is another black and white film and is also an excellent mystery. The classic mysteries are some of the best, and this is no exception.
- "Double Indemnity" (1944) starring Edward G Robinson and Barbara Stanwyck deals with an insurance agent who goes along with a murder scheme involving fraud. It is well done and keeps you guessing.
- "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974) starring Albert Finney and Lauren Bacall. No mystery list is complete without an Agatha Christie title. You cannot have a best of mystery movie list without "Murder on the Orient Express."
- "Charlie Chan in London" (1934) starring Ray Milland and Warned Oland is a great mystery series. The fictitious Chinese-American detective does not disappoint. If you like this film, there are many more to choose from.
- "Rear Window" (1954) starring James Stewart and Grace Kelly is an excellent mystery film. You cannot go wrong with a Hitchcock film, and almost any of his movies could land on a top ten list. This classic mystery brings out the voyeur in all of us.
- "The Murder in the Rue Morgue" (1914) is based on a Edgar Allan Poe story. Poe is the originator of the detective mystery genre. This mystery movie defies logic, and one guarantee is that you will never figure out who did it!
- "The Maltese Falcon" (1941) starring Humphrey Bogart brings to life Sam Spade in this classic mystery movie.
- "And Then There Were None" (1945) starring Walter Huston is another Agatha Christie classic. A group is stranded in a remote location, and murders take place one by one. It is one of Christie' best mysteries.
- "Sleuth" (1972) starring Laurence Olivier tells the story of man who sets up his wife's lover and invites him to an event. "Sleuth", like all of the films on this 10 best classic mystery movies, will keep you on the edge of your seat and will leave you wanting more.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …