Looking for the 10 best classic party songs? The best party songs are usually classics. Sure, there are new songs that are great for parties, but these classic party songs usually transcend the generational gap as well. Almost everyone likes them to some degree, and most of them have the magical "sing along" quality. Just put one of these songs on, and watch how people cannot resist singing with them.
- “Take Me Home Tonight” by Eddie Money. Guys might not be that into this song, but it’s all about the ladies anyway right? When this song comes on, forget having a decent conversation with any female for a few minutes. The second that chorus drops every woman will be singing as loud as possible.
- “Louie Louie” by The Kingsmen. There are few greater songs to sing along with at a party. Everybody knows the tune of the song, but the beauty is in the lyrics. Nobody knows what they are, and it’s widely accepted that you can just mumble anything along with the tune. Nobody cares.
- “Should I Stay or Should I Go?” by The Clash. This is easily one of the best classic party songs by a punk band. It has a great bass line and beat. Plus, unlike “Louie Louie” everyone somehow knows these lyrics, and they tend to sing loud and proud.
- “Around the World” by Daft Punk. Finally, a song nobody would want to sing along with. There simply isn’t enough lyrical variation to entertain even the most simple-minded people. That said, Daft Punk still brings a funky bass with a sick beat to the equation, and you don’t need anything else to make great party songs.
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC. There’s a fairly simple equation to making great party songs, and AC/DC uses it a lot. Basically, combine a catchy guitar riff, drum beat, or bass line with sexually over-toned lyrics, and you have an instant classic that people will play on the jukebox for decades.
- “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. “Family Guy” and “The Sopranos” are probably to blame for making this song so viciously popular again. It’s hard to deny it’s place as one of the best classic party songs though. Few people even dare to speak ill of this tune anymore.
- “Who Am I (What’s My Name)?” by Snoop Doggy Dogg. This was Snoop in his prime, and this is probably still his most well-known song. Regardless of who you’re partying with everyone is a gangster when listening to this song. See how many people go grab a 40 ounce after this classic party song comes on.
- “Joy to the World” by Three Dog Night. This song is all about partying. What makes it one of the most infectious classic party songs is that Three Dog Night took most of the lyrics from a hymn. They just changed the verses, and gave it a beat people can get down to.
- “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice. This song finally hit that point where people stopped hating it, and started loving it because it’s just that lame. Lameness is actually a fairly common trait in classic party songs, and “Ice Ice Baby” might be the lamest song of all time. Either way, plenty of people will be happy to hear it.
- “Thriller” by Michael Jackson. This is a great tune guaranteed to liven up any party. Not only is this just a good song, but somebody always tries to thriller dance like Michael Jackson. Nothing makes a party better than people voluntarily humiliating themselves.
Those are the ten best classic party songs. Add them to your play list for your next party, and it’s guaranteed to be a great time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.