If you like sophisticated or exciting tones, you'll want to check out this list of the 10 best classic songs for ringtones. Classical music seems like it was made for ringtones at times, whether you enjoy slow sad piano like "Moonlight Sonata" or the richly upbeat "Toreador Song" from "Carmen." Whatever your tastes, here are some of the best classical songs for ringtones. Get ready to load up some of these!
- "Symphony No. 5: I" by Beethoven: Ludwig von Beethoven was born December 16th, 1770 in Bonn, Germany. Self-educated in music, he is often considered an inventor of modern music, and is best known for his famous "Symphony No. 9" which is another that qualifies as one of the best classic songs for ringtones.
- "1812 Overture" by Tchaikovsky: Considered to be one of the greatest Russian composers of all time, Tchaikovsky is perhaps best known for his popular "1812 Overture" and his beautiful creation, "Swan Lake." This song is one of the best classic songs for ringtones because of its crisp clear notes.
- "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik: Allegro" by Mozart: If you're a fan of the great Austrian composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, then chances are that you'll agree "Eine Klein Nachtmusik: Allegro" is one of the best classic songs for ringtones. It's exciting and truly beautiful to listen to.
- "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" by Bach: Often popular with fans of the macabre or horror films, "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" is a popular pipe organ tune and is one of the best classical songs for ringtones of those who like "Dracula," "Phantom of the Opera" or any other creepy films.
- "Carmina Burana: O Fortuna" by Orff: Best known for his 1937 "Carmina Burana," this German composer was inspired by Strauss, Schoenberg and Bach. "Carmina Burana: O Fortuna" is one of the best classic songs for ringtones that you'll find. It's truly beautiful.
- "Also Sprach Zarathustra" by Richard Strauss: Learning to read music before he even learned to read words, Richard Strauss is commonly considered one of the most influential composers of the twentieth century. His song "Also Sprach Zarathustra" is one of the best classical songs for cellphones; dramatic, exciting and moving, this is a popular song and a definite conversation-starter.
- "Orpheus In the Underworld: Infernal Galop" by Offenbach: The second part of this piece is perhaps best known as one of the best classical songs for ringtones. Easily recognized as the "can-can dance," it was composed by German-born French composer Jacques Levy Offenbach.
- "Messiah: Hallelujah Chorus" by Handel: One of the best classical songs for ringtones is Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" from "Messiah." When the King of England heard this piece, he was so moved that he stood at the end of the song. To this day, it's tradition that people stand at the end of this song when at a "Messiah" performance.
- "Carmen: Toreador Song" by Bizet: If you believe that fast-paced and cheerful tunes make some of the best classical songs for ringtones, give a listen to the upbeat "Toreador Song" from "Carmen." This one is truly a classic.
- "Der Holle Rachee Kocht In Meinem Herzen" by Mozart: Another good Mozart song that makes one of the best classical songs for ringtones is "Der Holle Rachee Kocht In Meinem Herzen" or "Hell's Vengeance Boils in My Heart." This is one of the popular aria ringtones.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.