All climbing junkies need to know about the 10 best climbing gyms. From the popular Mesa Rim Climbing Center to the challenging Earth Treks Rockville Climbing Gym, there are many nice climbing gyms to choose between.
- Mesa Rim Climbing Center. This particular climbing gym is considered the new kid on the block, yet it still delivers challenging climbing courses and a great location. According to ACSD, the Mesa Rim Climbing Center is actually the largest climbing gym in the U. S. A. With its spacious environment and friendly and knowledgeable staff, the Mesa Rim Climbing Center is certainly one of the best climbing gyms. Mesa Rim Climbing Center: 10110 Mesa Rim Rd., San Diego, California 92121 (858) 348-4593
- Carabiner’s. The popular Carabiner’s is another one of the best climbing gyms. Along with featuring over 35,000 square feet of climbing space, this climbing gym also boasts 65 foot walls, full locker rooms, showers and a weight room. Carabiner’s: 328 Parker Street, New Bedford, Massachusetts (508) 984-0808
- Stone Gardens Inc. If you’re looking for a climbing gym that’s both spacious and family-friendly, look no further than the Stone Gardens Inc. climbing gym. This climbing gym features over 16,000 square feet of climbing surface, a 65 foot indoor lead roof and a 40 foot tall outdoor wall. Stone Gardens Inc. 2839 NW Market St., Seattle, Washington 98107 (206) 781-9828
- AZ on the Rocks. This climbing gym features over 14,000 square feet of climbing surface, a friendly staff and an air-conditioned environment. According to DMOZ, AZ on the Rocks is Arizona’s largest indoor rock climbing gym. Not only is AZ on the Rocks the largest climbing gym, but it’s also one of the most challenging. AZ on the Rocks: 16447 N. 91st Street, Suite A, Scottsdale, Arizona 85255 (480) 502-9777
- Triangle Rock Club. The friendly Triangle Rock Club is another one of the best climbing gyms. Along with featuring over 9,000 square feet of climbing surface, this particular climbing gym also boasts a climbers lounge and a fitness center. Triangle Rock Club: 102 Pheasant Wood Court, Morrisville, North Carolina 27560 (919) 463-7625
- Climbmax Climbing Gym. If you’re looking for a fun, yet challenging climb, look no further than the Climbmax Climbing Gym. This climbing gym features 15,000 feet of climbing surface and an awesome climb-through cave. If you’ve got children, be sure to bring them along as this climbing gym also boasts a children’s area. Climbmax Climbing Gym: 1330 W. Auto Drive, Suite 108, Tempe, Arizona 85284 (480) 626-7755
- Go Vertical. The challenging Go Vertical climbing gym is easily another one of the best climbing gyms, due to its great location and tough course. This climbing gym features over 13,500 square feet of climbing surface, 250 climbing routes and daily classes for beginners. The Go Vertical climbing gym is perfect for both the beginner and professional climber. Go Vertical: 950 N. Penn Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19123 (215) 928-1800
- Sacramento Pipeworks. The Sacramento Pipeworks climbing gym is perfect for the guy always on the go. Along with featuring a great location, this climbing gym also offers over 13,000 square feet of climbing space, a 40 foot high lead wall and over 70 top and lead ropes. Sacramento Pipeworks: 116 N. 16th Street, Sacramento, California 95814 (916) 341-0100
- Earth Treks Rockville Climbing Gym. Boasting over 16,000 square feet of climbing surface, the Earth Treks Rockville Climbing Gym is certainly one of the best climbing gyms. Along with featuring a spacious climbing area, this climbing gym also features two separate teaching areas, 40 foot tall walls and a fitness room. Earth Treks Rockville Climbing Gym: 725 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland (240) 283-9942
- MetroRock. MetroRock is another one of the best climbing gyms. Whether you’re a beginner to the sport of rock climbing or a professional, this particular climbing gym delivers. Along with featuring over 17,000 square feet of climbing surface, this climbing gym also offers 30 lead climbing routes and 70 top rope stations. MetroRock: 69 Norman Street, Everett, Massachusetts 02149 (617) 387-7625
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.