10 Best Clint Eastwood Quotes
Bring your inner bad-ass to the surface with the 10 best Clint Eastwood quotes. He may not have invented tough or cool, but he made it look better than anyone else. Even when he decides to serve up his sensitive side, you get the feeling that he would smash your face in if you told him that "Bridges of Madison County" sucked. Having such a long and storied career, it goes without saying, that Clint Eastwood has grumbled more than his share of memorable quotes. On and off the screen Clint Eastwood is one of film's most quotable actors.
- "You've got to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk?!"- When Clint Eastwood draws down on a robber in the opening shoot out of "Dirty Harry," he delivers what is arguably one of the best lines in the history of film.
- "Go ahead make my day."- "Sudden Impact" may not be the best installment of the "Dirty Harry" franchise, but it did produce one of the most memorable lines in action movie history. The delivery is so tense, you can feel the itch in Clint Eastwood's trigger finger on this one.
- "You want a guarantee, buy a toaster."- Clint Eastwood is an unpredictable mad man in "The Rookie." While Charlie Sheen is worried about guaranteeing someone's safety, Clint Eastwood refuses to guarantee anything other than toasters guarantee warm bread.
- "When a naked man is chasing a woman through a alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the red cross."- Clint Eastwood isn't one to mince words. Ten minutes into "Dirty Harry," Clint Eastwood lets you know where he stands on shooting knife wielding boners.
- "This film cost $31 million. With that kind of money I could have invaded some country."- Outside of being everyone's favorite can of whoop-ass, Clint Eastwood is also know for being one of the more budget conscious directors in Hollywood. Clint makes sure that not a penny is wasted on his production. That being said, spending $31 million to make "Gran Torino" does seem a bit wasteful. Still the thought of Clint Eastwood rolling into some random country with $31 million and a pocket full of bad ass is awesome.
- "In this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig."- If Clint says dig, we say where's the shovel? And so did everyone else is "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."
- "I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it."- If we know nothing else about Clint Eastwood, it's that he isn't a fan of reason. He uses some variation of this line in almost all of his action films. While the line be a bit over used, but it never looses its effectiveness.
- "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."- When another cop tries to interfere with Dirty Harry's investigation into attempts on his life in "Dead Pool" he tells the guys exactly where to stick it. Truer words have never been spoken.
- "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around, I want to be controlling it."- In "Pink Cadillac" Clint Eastwood spends the entire film chasing bail jumpers and shooting people on the trail of a missing baby, putting his hands on countess guns in the process. We can't think of a better person to control our gun,or anyone's gun for that matter.
- "When I was doing 'Bridges of Madison County' I said to myself 'this romance stuff is really rough, when can I get back to shooting and killing." 1995's "Bridges of Madison County" marked Clint Eastwood's first and last adventure into the realm of chick flicks. Thankfully he realized that sappy mellow drama wasn't his forte and he hasn't made another one since. Although,you have to admire Clint's honesty in this quote. He can admit that he made a crappy chick flick and had no business running around topless and making out with Meryl Streep. As long as he admits that it was wrong we can forget the whole thing ever happened and get back to the killing the way God intended.