The 10 best club songs of 2008 were popular in the clubs and on the radio. Their catchy beats mixed with amazing hooks made these 10 songs so much fun to dance along with in 2008. Rap, hip-hop, electronic, and pop music are all some of the best songs to dance too at the clubs, and are represented in the top 10 list. Reminisce about your club days circa 2008 by creating a mix with these 10 club songs.
"Low" by Flo-Rida. The best club song of 2008 because of the massive popularity it received. This topped the Billboard Hot Digital Tracks chart for 13 weeks in 2008, the most weeks ever at #1 on that chart. A great club song because of the reference to a girl getting low, which is a club dance move.
- "Lollipop" by Lil Wayne. One of the best club songs from 2008 because it was also Lil Wayne's breakout song into mainstream. Clubs all over played this song which helped him reach mainstream audiences. This topped the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. It was the first rap single to reach #1 on that particular listing in 2008.
- "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" by Beyoncé. Some of the best club songs can always win awards. This anthem won three Grammys: Song of the Year, Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, and Best R&B Song. This 2008 upbeat dance track features a beat provided by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, and there is a dance to go along with the chorus.
- "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry. Released in 2008, this song is about dipping her toes into the experimental sea when she kisses a girl after a night of clubbing. This song was played in the clubs during 2008 in remix versions and with a faster beat. It won Best Pop Song at the 35th People's Choice Awards.
- "Just Dance" by Lady GaGa. Lady GaGa's first solo single was one of the best club songs in 2008. This was the first #1 song on the Hot 100 to include the word "dance" since February 1991. The upbeat tempo mixed with lyrics about clubbing, dancing, and partying make it a fun song to dance and sing along too.
- "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf. You could not go into a club in 2008 without hearing this song. The song features rapper Lil Wayne, mixed with Rudolf's more rock side. The song was so big in the clubs that people thought it was a party record, but it's really about hypocrisy in the world.
- "Sexy Can I" by Ray J. This 2008 slow club song was written specifically for people to jam and dance too. Ray J said in an interview, "I wanted to do a feel-good springtime/summer jam that would have everybody up." The song did have everyone in the clubs dancing, and reached #3 on Billboard Hot 100.
- "Shut Up and Let Me Go" by The Ting Tings. This electro-pop dance song had everyone hyped up in the clubs. It's catchy beat and easy yet fun lyrics also caught the attention of Apple. The song was featured in an iPod and iTunes TV advert in 2008.
- "Swagga Like Us" by Jay-Z & T.I. Released in 2008, this song samples M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes". A hit during the 2008 club scene because of the big names attached, including Lil Wayne and Kanye West. The song's catchy hook, "No one on the corner has swagga like us," is the main reason the track became such a huge hit at the clubs.
- "Womanizer" by Britney Spears. Spears came back in 2008 with the release of "Circus" and the second single, "Womanizer" had everyone dancing at the clubs. The catchy pop tune was popular in the clubs, and on the airwaves in 2008. There was an electronic vibe to the song, which made it fun and easy to dance too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.