10 Best Coaches' Quotes
Coaches can be very inspirational, it's part of their jobs, which is why we have put together a list of the 10 best coaches' quotes. These are some of the most inspirational quotes to ever be uttered.
- "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi. Vince Lombardi is a most famous football coach and this was his most famous quote. Everyone has heard this, which is why it is on the top 10 best coaches' quotes. Vince Lombardi valued winning so much they named the Super Bowl trophy after him.
- "You can motivate by fear, and you can motivate by reward. But both those methods are only temporary. The only lasting thing is self motivation." - Homer Rice. Homer Rice was a successful college football coach. This quote is great advice for coaches. You can yell or offer your players incentives to get them to play well, but it is up to them to motivate themselves. This sage wisdom is easily one of the 10 best coaches' quotes.
- "Make sure that team members know they are working with you, not for you." - John Wooden. John Wooden earned a spot in the NBA Hall of Fame and a spot on the 10 best coaches' quotes list with his great wisdom. A team will run better if the players get along with their coach; it is as simple as that.
- "An acre of performance is worth a whole world of promise." - Red Auerbach. Red Auerbach is one of the most famous coaches from the early days of the NBA, coaching the Boston Celtics. He let it be known with this quote that he did not care about potential, he was after results on the court. It was that kind of attitude that brought him coaching success and a spot on the 10 best coaches' quotes list.
- "I'll put you through hell, but at the end of it all we'll be champions." - Bear Bryant. Bear Bryant had a very successful coaching career with the Alabama Crimson Tide. He pushed his players hard, and as a result he got their best performances and had success on the gridiron.
- "If you are determined enough and willing to pay the price, you can get it done." - Mike Ditka. Ask anybody in the Chicago area and they will let you know exactly who Mike Ditka is. He is probably the most famous coach the Chicago Bears NFL team has ever had and he definitely coached by this quote. Mike Ditka got it done on the field and the 10 best coaches' quotes list.
- "There's always the motivation of wanting to win. Everybody has that. But a champion needs, in his attitude, a motivation above and beyond winning." - Pat Riley. Pat Riley has won NBA championships as a player and as a coach, so the man knows a thing or two about what it takes to be a champion. He wants his players to be motivated enough to make an impact on the game and be remembered. Riley's philosophy is one of the 10 best coaches' quotes.
- "The key is not the will to win... everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important." - Bob Knight. Bob Knight coached Indiana and Texas Tech to many basketball victories. This motto was how he did it. Everyone wants to win, but it is those who are willing to put in the actual work that will.
- "A lifetime contract for a coach means if you're ahead in the third quarter and moving the ball, they can't fire you." - Lou Holtz. Lou Holtz had the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team in the spotlight during his coaching tenure. At the same time, as this quote proves, sports administrators are a fickle breed.
- "Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control." - Tom Landry. Tom Landry was one of the greatest coaches the Dallas Cowboys NFL team has ever had. This quote was his way of saying that he led by example.
Posted on: Mar. 14, 2010