Any avid fan will want to know about the 10 best college baseball facilities. Warm weather ushers in one of the greatest joys in life: baseball. Nothing beats a cold beer, a hot dog and seats behind the dugout. Let's take a look at the 10 best college baseball facilities in the country.
- Baum Stadium, University of Arkansas: The Arkansas Razorbacks have built the crown jewel of college baseball with Baum Stadium. Built in 1996 and expanded in 2007, Baum Stadium seats 9,200 fans and boasts 34 luxury suites. In 2007, Arkansas became the first school with 8,000 tickets sold per game.
- Hawks Field, University of Nebraska: The Cornhuskers' double-decker stadium seats 8,500 and houses many more in its spacious outfield seating.
- Polk-Dement Stadium, Mississippi State University: Polk-Dement Stadium is a huge facility, seating 15,000 fans, many of whom congregate in the Left-Field Lounge for pre- and post-game barbecues.
- Dick Howser Stadium, Florida State University: Florida State's facilities underwent a $12 million renovation in 2004. Capacity is 6,500 and the stadium's inside seats are on top of the field.
- Alex Box Stadium, LSU: LSU's Alex Box Stadium opened in 2009 and seats over 10,000 fans. The two-level stadium features a national championship plaza, hall of fame and picnic areas.
- Oxford-University Stadium, Ole Miss: O-U Stadium has one of the best atmospheres in college baseball. Though capacity inside is only 3,500, thousands more Rebel fans line the outfield.
- Baylor Ballpark, Baylor: Baylor Ballpark seats 5,000 spectators in its location along the Brazos River, but Bears fans often pack it to over-capacity.
- Plainsman Park, Auburn University: The Auburn Tigers have one of the finest looking facilities in the nation, with a 30-foot wall in left field and a brick backstop.
- Carolina Stadium, University of South Carolina: The Gamecock's baseball stadium boasts a 47-foot high scoreboard and a 16 by 28 video board. Located next to the Congaree River, the stadium has a spectacular view of the Columbia skyline.
- Lubrano Park, Penn State: Penn State's $31.4 million facility, finished in 2007, has a spacious concourse, a state-of-the-art press box and luxury suites area. Set against the backdrop of Mount Nittany, it has one of the most spectacular views of any stadium.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.