Some of the best hoop stars lace it up at the ten best college basketball arenas. It's no coincidence most of the best college basketball arenas are home to the nation's best programs.
- Cameron Indoor Stadium. The "Cameron Crazies" camp out all night to get tickets to this 9,000-seat home of the Duke Blue Devils. The chants, such as "Let's go Duke," reach maximum volume when rival University of North Carolina takes the floor.
- Carrier Dome. Syracuse's home arena can cram as many as 34,000 into the dome. "The Loud House" is considered one of the best college basketball arenas even though mounds of snow are often piled up outside the entrances.
- Allen Fieldhouse. The court Kansas calls home is a mainstay as one of the best college basketball arenas.
- Assembly Hall. The dome-shaped arena on the campus of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has one of the rowdiest student sections in the country.
- Matthew Knight Arena. Set to be the most expensive arena on any college campus, this new home to the University of Oregon is slated to open in 2011.
- Breslin Center. Michigan State has been one of the most successful college programs in the country. The intimate atmosphere at one of the best college basketball arenas is a big reason why.
- Memorial Gymnasium. Vanderbilt is far from an athletic powerhouse, but its arena is the only one in the country to house a team's benches on the baseline instead of the sideline.
- Rupp Arena. There's nothing too fancy about Kentucky's home, but there's too much history in this place not feel the chills.
- Pauley Pavilion. Ditto for UCLA's home, which has to be included as one of the best college basketball arenas strictly based on the greatness of John Wooden.
- The Palestra. This has been home to the University of Pennsylvania since 1927 and seats more than 8,000 right up against the court.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.