A lot of criteria were taken into consideration when compiling this list of the 10 best college party songs. At a college party, you want to encourage dancing, a good time and just basic overall drunken debauchery and general mayhem. Now, a good rule of thumb is to play the most popular songs of the day, and please make sure that you do this. However, there are a number of good—no, great—college party songs that have stood the test of time. So if you really want to create that great party atmosphere, consider playing this entire list of the 10 best college party songs at your next shindig. In fact, just throw it on a loop and play it over and over again.
- Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing.” Really, who does not love this song? It's a great song that can be played at college parties, bar mitzvahs, weddings and even wakes. Okay, maybe not wakes.
- Anything by Justin Timberlake. For years, Justin has been bringing sexy back. Overlapping generations, he just inspires a good time. His laid-back and fun songs are always a good choice.
- “Lady Marmalade” as sung by those divas from that movie’s soundtrack. The movie "Moulin Rouge" warped and haunted an entire generation of movie goers. However, it was all worth it, because from the ashes the song “Lady Marmalade" was sung.
- Van Morrison’s “Brown Eyed Girl” may just be the world’s most overplayed college party song. Still, this also means that it is popular. You simply cannot have a party without it.
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC. Even after all these years, this group is still shaking across college campuses, and inspiring fun and love.
- The room’s favorite college’s fight song. It is a college party, so do not forget that any self-respecting college party has a favorite college. Playing the school’s fight song helps to create a sense of pride and unity.
- “Party Hard” by Andrew W.K. may not seem like the most popular college party song, but it is a great way to kick off or liven up any party. This feel-good song is just all about having a good time, throwing your hands in the air and bouncing around like a loon.
- The Village People’s “YMCA.” Get your hands in the air, and do the silly gestures. Your parents did it, your aunts and uncles did it and your children will do it. So loosen up and have a good time!
- Something by Frank Sinatra. This is always a good idea because, inevitably, as soon as the song is being played, some crazed, drunken frat boy will begin to complain about the music selection. This then gives you a reason to kick this guy out of your party.
- Round out your playlist with either “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice, or “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson. However, you cannot choose both. A Vanilla Ice song and a Michael Jackson song cannot be played at the same college party. It would create way too much of a frenzy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.