The 10 best come home songs have been performed by some of the best artists in the music business and are still very popular no matter how old they may be. A long lost lover or a soldier coming home has always evoked emotions in song writers and performers alike.
- "Honey I’m Home" performed by Shania Twain. This was her seventh overall single. She performed it at the 1998 CMA Awards. She won The Most Performed Song award for 1999 for "Honey I’m Home."
- "This is Home" performed by Switchfoot in the movie “The Chronicles of Narnia.” The song was first performed at Iowa State University during Iowa Memorial Union on April 16, 2008.
- "Back Home Again in Indiana" performed by Louis Armstrong and His All Stars. Armstrong would open each public performance with this song, written by Ballard MacDonald and James Hanley, 1917. This song has been re-recorded over the years by several artists.
- "Mother" written and performed by John Lennon. This is a very sad song of an unwanted child begging his parents to come home and love him. John Lennon is considered to be one of the best song writers of the 20th century.
- "I’m Already There" performed by Lonestar. The soldier calls home and his tiny son asks, “Daddy when are you coming home?” He tells his son, “I’m already there. I’m the beat in your heart, and the love we share.”
- "There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays" performed by Perry Como 1954. This song has been re-recorded by several artists including the Carpenters and the Osmonds.
- "Please Come Home For Christmas" performed by the Eagles. This song was recorded live at the Millennium Concert Hall in Los Angeles, California on December 31, 1999. This song was also recorded by Charles Brown and Bon Jovi.
- "Don’t Come Home a ’Drinkin’ (With Lovin’ on Your Mind)" written and performed by Loretta Lynn. Lynn, as well as Dolly Parton and several other women performers from the fifties and sixties proved that women can not only sing, but also write songs that will become number one hits.
- "Green Green Grass of Home" performed by Johnny Cash from the album Sunday Morning Comin’ Home. This song was also recorded by Marty Robins, Joan Baez, Tom Jones, and Elvis Presley.
- "I’ll Be Home For Christmas" performed by Elvis Presley 1957. This song was written by Walter Kent and Kim Gannon. Elvis recorded it September 7, 1957. It was take number fifteen that was used for release. It has been recorded by several artists including Rascal Flatts.
Though there are thousands of songs about going home that have been recorded in all genres of music, these 10 best come home songs have stood the test of time and have remained forever favorites in American culture.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!