10 Best Coming Home Songs
The 10 best coming home songs include songs that make you want to come home and never leave again.
- "Coming Home" by Bryan Adams: It's a pretty safe bet that you will make the list of best coming home songs when your song is named "Coming Home". This Bryan Adams tune is a song about redemption and returning home a changed man.
- "Country Roads" by John Denver: When people think of the best coming home songs, this may be the first song to come to mind. The trademark lyrics says it all, "Country roads, take me home to the place where I belong."
- "I'm Already There" by Lonestar: A unique twist on a coming home song. This country song tells the story of a little girl who asks her father when he is coming home. The father responds that he is already there and all she needs to do is look around and remember him.
- "Moonlight Mile" by Rolling Stones: This classic talks about the feeling of being away from home ("I'm sleeping under strange skies"), and the feeling of familiarity associated with home ("In the window there's a face you know").
- "Mother and Child Reunion" by Paul Simon: One way to make the list of best coming home songs is to write a song about reuniting with your mother. After all, isn't home wherever your mother is?
- "Home" by Jack Johnson: Jack Johnson's song about coming home seems to be more than just an ode to his house. He seems to be talking about a spiritual home when he belts lyrics like "home is wherever we are if there's nothing too."
- "Homeward Bound" by Simon and Garfunkle: It is as though these guys were trying to make the list of best coming home songs when they penned this classic. The song tells the story about a musician touring the nation when all he really wants to do is head home.
- "Two of Us" by the Beatles: No list is complete without a Beatles song. In this classic, the Beatles talk about a young couple in love heading home. The last line of the song sums it up, "We're going home, better believe it."
- "I'll Be Home For Christmas" by Buck, Ram, Kim Gannon, and Walter Kent: The first Christmas song to make the list of the best coming home songs, this tune tells the story of a lonely soldier away from home during World War II.
- "Mama I'm Coming Home" by Ozzy Osborne: When Ozzy screams "Times have changed and times are strange. Here I come, but I ain't the same. Mama, I'm coming home," we can all relate. We have all left home and returned a different person. Of course, I'm not sure we've all returned a person quite as different as Ozzy Osborne.
Posted on: Dec. 14, 2010