10 Best Computer Games 2008
There was a large number of computer games released in 2008, and if you want to separate the wheat from the chaff, check out this list of the 10 best computer games of 2008. More and more, new games are being released on consoles exclusively, but this list of the 10 best computer games of 2008 proves that the PC is still a dominant force in the gaming world. If you have a PC and you love to play games, you are sure to find something on this list of the best computer games of 2008 that you will love.
- "Left 4 Dead." A game best played with friend, or enemies, "Left 4 Dead" is an excellent FPS based in a zombie-filled modern world. "Left 4 Dead" combines an intriguing story, exceptional graphics and smooth gameplay to be the best computer game of 2008.
- "Fallout 3." A vast, sandbox-type RPG, "Fallout 3" continues the quality of the entire "Fallout" series. Set in a post-apocalyptic world with amazing graphics and a compelling storyline.
- "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King." Affectionately known as "Wrath," this expansion to "World of Warcraft" takes third in this list of the 10 best computer games of 2008 due to all of the things it adds to the game. In true Blizzard fashion, "Wrath" is large and polished enough to be a standalone game.
- "Mass Effect." This is a deep, immersive RPG that revolves around the amazing story line. The graphics and gameplay may bet this game somewhere on a list of the best computer games of 2008, but the quality of the writing places it near the top.
- "Warhammer Online." Beset by a few balance issues, it makes me weep to think of what this game could have been. "Warhammer Online" does so much right; it's a beautiful game, has a quality skill set and features an interesting world setup. The game populations has slowly lessened as the years have gone by, but this is still a game to play at least one.
- "Spore." "Spore" gives players the chance to custom build a species from its very beginning through its development into a real intelligent creature. "Spore" features a few different types of games as you grow your creature, making for a well-rounded game.
- "Sins of a Solar Empire." This Sci-Fi RTS game which features qualities of both common RTS games and some in-depth features normally found in turn-based strategy games.
- "GTA IV." The latest release in the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise has the best graphics, gameplay and storyline of any game in the series. While "GTA IV" may have been designed for console games, the game runs just as well on a computer, so it counts for this list of the best computer games in 2008.
- "Far Cry 2." This is a beautiful FPS game that gives you a host of intriguing and complicated missions that you have to complete to get to, and kill, The Jackal.
- "Call of Duty: World at War." This version of the "Call of Duty" franchise takes players back to WWII, after a few releases in modern times. While not a perfect game, "Call of Duty: World at War" features brilliant graphics and a compelling story, with parts based in reality.