The best country ballads are traditionally exercises in sentimentality and melodrama. As one of the biggest music genres in North America, it has spawned many classic songs that are played worldwide.
- “Lady” by Kenny Rogers. Easily one of the 10 best country ballads, “Lady” is a timeless classic from one of the most recognizable names in country. A powerful vocal delivery makes this one of Kenny Rogers’ best performances.
- “When It Don’t Come Easy” by Patty Griffin. A slow burning song underpinned by a muted guitar motif. Patty Griffin delivers a potent story making this one of the 10 best country ballads of recent years.
- “Amanda” by Don Williams. One of the biggest names in country music, Don Williams produced this beautiful song complete with a Beach Boys sounding vocal arrangement. A classic song and one of the 10 best country ballads ever recorded.
- “Always On My Mind” by Willie Nelson. Willie Nelson’s take on a song once recorded by Elvis Presley is amongst the 10 best country ballads of all time. Nelson’s understated vocal delivery backed by lush string arrangements, this is a study in how to perform a classic ballad.
- “You’ll Think Of Me” by Keith Urban. Part of the new wave of country artists, Australian Keith Urban proved himself as an artist of some depth with this stirring song. A fine emotive performance combined with a beautiful arrangement.
- “I Will Always Love You” by Dolly Parton. Whitney Houston may have had the bigger hit single but Dolly Parton’s version is poignant and equally as powerful. Simply one of the 10 best country ballads written.
- “The Most Beautiful Girl In The World” by Charlie Rich. An all-time classic. Charlie Rich’s strong vocals are mournful, adding just the right gravitas to the song.
- “It’s Your Love” by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. One of the great power ballads performed by one of the great country power couples. “It’s Your Love” has all the ingredients you need to make an unforgettable song.
- “The Dance” by Garth Brooks. Built on a sparse piano arrangement, this is Garth Brooks at his contemplative best. Melancholy at its finest.
- “You’re Still The One” by Shania Twain. Perhaps one of the biggest female country stars there is, Shania Twain had one of the biggest hits of the nineties with this song. Still played at weddings all over the world to this day.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”