10 Best Country Christian Songs
Sometimes, when we need a little pick-up, it's handy to have a list of the 10 best country Christian songs on hand. Country Christian music has been gaining popularity, due to its moving and inspirational content. Whether you're having financial problems, have lost a loved one or just need a little faith, these are uplifting songs with heartfelt messages. Give a listen to these top country Christian songs and see if you don't agree.
- "Cowboys Love Jesus Too" by Russ Murphy. If you're looking for a great country Christian song for someone who doesn't fit into the usual molds, you might try "Cowboys Love Jesus Too." A song about a man who doesn't fit the usual Christian stereotype (and who "met Jesus in a Hank Williams song"), this is a great song to remind people that you don't have to look or act a certain way to have faith.
- "Temporary Home" by Carrie Underwood. An inspirational song to help people remember that the rough spots are just temporary bumps in the road, "Temporary Home" is one of the best Country Christian songs to help a friend through a rough time in their lives.
- "This Ain't Nothin'" by Craig Morgan. Perhaps one of the most powerful Country Christian songs of 2010, "This Ain't Nothin'" is a powerful song about an elderly man, who lost his home in a tornado, and the newscaster who interviews him. When the newscaster suggests that he's lost everything in the twister, the old timer sets the record straight.
- "Chalk in the Rain" by Point of Grace. From their 2010 album "No Changin' Us," this is one of the best country Christian songs, reminding us to treasure the beautiful and wonderful things in life, while we still can. This is a very beautiful song that lifts the spirits and fills one with hope.
- "My Father's Son" by Tommy Brandt. Tommy Brandt has a very rich, classic country sound and his songs definitely know right where to hit you. A really good country Christian song, reminding people about how to appreciate people while they're still here and the memories they leave behind, "My Father's Son" is the perfect song for a son to gift to his father or vice versa.
- "In My Eyes" by Mary James. Named the 2010 ICM Female Vocalist of the Year, Mary James has a soothing angelic voice and this is one of the best country Christian songs to really make it shine. This is a very heart-touching song about the innocence of youth, regardless of surroundings.
- "That's What Makes it Love" by The Roys. If you want to listen to one of the best country Christian songs about love and faith, give a listen to "That's What Makes it Love." The Roys were recently named Vocal Duo of the Year at the 2010 ICM Awards and with good reason.
- "Hazel Green Eyes" by Russell Dean. A touching song about how a young boy befriends a girl who has been blind from birth and he offers to become her eyes. As their friendship grows, she shares her dream of Heaven with him and how she will, one day, be able to see. It isn't until she passes away that the boy, now grown, realizes that perhaps he was the one who was blind all along.
- "Jesus Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood. One of Carrie Underwood's most memorable songs is the heart-touching song about faith called "Jesus Take the Wheel." It's one of the best country Christian songs about putting your faith in God and trusting Jesus to help you when you need him most.
- "There is a Reason" by Alison Krauss & Akus. One of the best songs for helping someone understand that there is a reason for everything, this is a beautiful country Christian song about how important it is to put your trust in God. Have faith because there is a reason for even the most painful things.