The criteria for a song to be considered one of the best country drinking songs is that it includes lyrics about beer, pick-ups, and women. While not all of these meet those standards, they'll provide the perfect match to your party night.
The Top 10 Best Country Drinking Songs
- "Alcohol" Brad Paisley. You know well that by the time Brad Paisley gets to the part about wearing lampshades on your head, your buddies will have already done so. This song is one of the best country drinking songs by praising the poison and reminding us that it's because of alcohol that white people have any chance of dancing.
- "Ten Rounds of José Cuervo" Tracy Byrd. What better contender for the best country drinking song than one that counts out the number of rounds of tequila shots? Byrd takes us through an evening where everything gets better (and a little blurrier) after every shot.
- "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett. This song became the anthem for anyone sneaking out of the office early for a happy hour head start. It also served to rationalize needing excuses to drink before noon (as if we needed one). Plus, pair one of country music's most-loved crooners with the margarita man himself, and you've got a perfect formula for one of the best country drinking songs to ever grace the airwaves.
- "All My Exes Live in Texas" George Straight. Country superstar George Straight gives us something to toast to as he celebrates the distance he's placed between himself and his exes. "All my exes live in Texas, that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee," is a line reminding us that life does in fact go on after relationships end, and quickly when you're states apart. This barroom ballad is a perfect sing-a-long, which makes it one of the best country drinking songs of all time.
- "I Love this Bar" Toby Keith. What better song for drinking than one praising your favorite hometown dive bar? Toby Keith lauds his bar welcoming all: cowboys, truckers, yuppies, bikers, lovers, and lookers. It's a song about a place where all are welcome, everybody drinks, and the music is your theme song. Certainly on the list of best country drinking songs, we can relate to knowing that place we can go to toast to life with the best of our bests.
- "Beer Run," Garth Brooks and George Jones. These two country big shots team up for a quick and dirty song about the inevitable beer run. It's a song about pickup trucks, buddies, and 12 packs – all important parts of a song destined to be one of the best country drinking songs.
- "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" Big & Rich. Every wedding reception in the last five years has included this song, and for good reason! It's one that was made for drinking and dancing, giving cowboys a little love in dance clubs and honky-tonks everywhere.
- "Family Tradition" Hank Williams, Jr. This list would be incomplete without something from one of the Hank Williams, and this song by the junior of the two is a perfect addition to a song about the best country drinking songs. With a call-and-response chorus that encourages getting drunk and stoned and laid, it's an easy song for a crowd to get into and is absolutely one of the best country drinking songs ever.
- "Friends in Low Places" Garth Brooks. This is at the top of the list of the best country drinking songs. Turn this song on at a party or a bar and you've got an instant sing-along. Lyrics about drowning fears in whiskey and crashing your ex-girlfriend's party tend to get a crowd rowdy. Released in 1990, this has been one of the best country drinking songs ever since.
- "You Never Even Call Me By My Name" David Allan Coe. When a song starts out with, "I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison," you know you're hearing the BEST country drinking song. David Allen Coe gives us a sing-along chorus, a nod to what he calls the "greatest country western song," and lyrics about pickup trucks, beers, and buddies.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
14 Movies You Must See in 2014
The cinematic calendar promises sex addicts, sexy vampires, sexy co-eds, Sundance splashes and artfully concocted big-budget fare.