The 10 best country duets love songs include some that will make you cry in your beer and some that will make you feel like you're on top of the world. One way or the other, it seems like there is always something to learn from a good country song.
- "Islands in the Stream" Sung by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers, this is an uplifting song about two people who have fallen in love and are celebrating it. They are islands in the stream, because it is just the two of them and nobody else in between them.
- "You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma" While it is hard to believe that God made any state for a specific person, this cowboy, David Frizzel and his lost love, Shelly West, are quite convinced that is the case with Oklahoma. Unfortunately, Shelly is now living in LA and David is cold and pining in Oklahoma.
- "Every Time Two Fools Collide" It shouldn't be surprising that Dottie West and Kenny Rogers make the list of ten best country song duets multiple times. They don't seem to be as happy in this duet, so something must have gone wrong after they got off the island. Suddenly they are calling each other fools.
- "If I Were a Carpenter" Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash did several great love songs together. In this one, Johnny is wondering whether June would still love him as much if he had just a simple man's profession. In real life, she never had to put it to the test.
- "I Will Always Love You" One of the most beautiful love songs in the world became a duet by Dolly Parton and Vince Gill. Both have angelic voices to compliment this song about a couple breaking up. They will never forget and always love one another.
- "My Elusive Dreams" According to this country duet, David Houston has had a hard time staying in one place for very long. As he travelled all over America, though, Tammy Wynette was kind enough to tag along with him and watch him chase his dreams.
- "Don't Let Me Cross Over" Carl Butler and Pearl Butler are having a difficult time in this song keeping their paws off each other. It's complicated by the fact that they both want the same thing, and each one is counting on the other to stop them from doing it.
- "Near You" George Jones and Tammy Wynette have a real thing about being near each other in this country duet. It's short on words, but it gets the point across. It's mushy, so one can only hope the guy gets the girl in the end to make it worth it.
- "I Don't Want To Have To Marry You" Jim Ed Brown and Helen Cornelius are having a tough time resisting each other in this song. It seems they are quite ready to do the nasty, but not ready to face the consequences. Therefore, they go home alone for the night. Like that could happen.
- "Don't Fall in Love with a Dreamer" In this number ten best country duets love song, it is evident that Kenny Rogers and Kim Carnes have not heard Jim Ed's and Helen Cornelius' song. They have decided to give it a go for the night, but apparently they think it will be the last night. Like that could happen.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.