Duet songs take the best of two artists and blend them together in a harmony filled song, so listening to the 10 best country duets songs will allow anyone to hear the coming together of voices. Not all duets are love songs, some take the push and pull of a fight and sing it out together, some find an emotional conflict to express between two sounds. No mater what the message is behind these country duets, the one thing that is known for sure is that their sounds are timeless in the country world.
- "Islands in the Stream" by Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers takes the top spot on this list. It was heard by country fans in 1983, and spent two weeks at number one. It was originally written by the Bee Gees and was made for Marvin Gaye, but was quickly changed around to fit the sound only Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton could produce.
- "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man" by Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty is number two on the list. It was enjoyed by country fans in 1973 and hit number one on the Billboard Country Chart in 1973. It has always been remembered by country fans, but can also be heard on the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the K-Rose radio station
- "Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys" by Willie Nelson & Waylon Jennings makes the number three spot. This duet was heard in 1978 and peaked at number one on the top hit list for four weeks. It won the 1979 Grammy Award for Best Country Performance by a duo and has since been in the hearts of every country fan.
- "Jackson" by Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash made the number four spot on the list. It was heard in 1967 and that same year won won a Grammy award for the Best Country & Western Performance.
- "We're Gonna Hold On" by Tammy Wynette & George Jones made the number five spot. Their harmony together was first heard in 1973 after George Jones cowrote this song with Earl Montgomery. It made the Billboard Hot Country singles top list for fourteen weeks, and has been remembered every since.
- "You And I" by Eddie Rabbitt & Crystal Gayle has made it to number six. This particular combination of sounds was heard in 1982 and made it to number one for a week. The sounds were a cross over for both artist, and is still enjoyed by country fans.
- "Does He Love You" by Reba McEntire & Linda Davis has made the number seven spot on the list. Their sound was first enjoyed in 1993 which was followed by time spent at the number one spot on the chart. Later, the song and duet won the Grammy award for Best Country Vocal Collaboration, a Country Music Award for Vocal Event of the Year, and a TNN/Music City News award for Best Vocal Collaboration.
- "When I Said I Do" by Clint Black & Lisa Hartman Black hits the number eight spot on the list. Their sound was enjoyed in 1999 and touched the hearts of every country fan with their tone and message to be together forever. It was a popular wedding song, and was a hit making it to the top of the Billboard singles chart that year.
- "The Whiskey Ain't Workin' Anymore" by Travis Tritt & Marty Stuart reaches the number nine spot. Their duo proved that two men could produce a duet that every country fan would remember in 1991. They proved their opposite sounds could produce a harmony filled duet for all country fans to enjoy.
- "Whiskey Lullaby" by Brad Paisley & Alison Krauss had rounded out the 10 best country duets list at number ten. This song won the 2005 Country Music Associasion award for Song of the Year, keeping it a moving song in the heart of every country fan.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...