The 10 best country line dancing songs made the dance craze of the mid 1980's take off like wildfire. Country music became extremely popular when people across the country in country bars took to the dance floor to show off an amazing sight. Dozens if not hundreds of dancers and bar patrons found country line dancing a fabulous activity. Over the years many songs tried to make the cut but only these are the best country line dancing songs.
- "I Like It, I Love It"- From country superstar Tim McGraw, this song was one his ninth released single and hit number one on the Country Billboard charts in 1995. To date this is one of McGraw's most popular songs. The upbeat tempo keeps country line dancers hopping and moving. The lyrics tell of a man so in love with his partner but the rhythm shows how to country line dance.
- "Watermelon Crawl"-Tthis is the second single released from Tracy Byrd's "No Ordinary Man" album in 1994. The song has a perfect rhythm for country line dance. The lyrics are about a Georgia festival celebrating the juicy fruit versus driving drunk but it's also one of the best country line dancing songs to date.
- "Daddy's Money"- This country song was performed by country music group Ricochet and released in April 1996. The song was from the group's self-titled release album and continues to keep country music fans dancing around the dance floor. In July 1996, the song hit number one of the Country Billboard charts and still remains one of the best country music line dancing songs.
- "Bobbie Ann Mason"- This popular country music line dancing song was performed by Rick Trevino in 1995. It became a smash hit and scored even bigger on the dance floor as bar patrons swarmed to dance to the upbeat song.
- "Rock My World"- This country line dancing song performed by country music duo Brooks and Dunn was released in 1993 and scored big on the country music charts and on the dance floor. The song was the fourth single released from the duo's "Hard Workin' Man" album. This is a classic single and one of the best country line dancing songs.
- "Party Crowd"- This single isn't a typical fast paced country line dancing song, but it has enough rhythm and tempo to keep up with the other country music line dancing songs. Performed by David Lee Murphy in 1995, this is a perfect song for beginning line dancers to start with. The song received the most airtime play in 1995 of all country music songs.
- "Prop Me Up Beside The Jukebox"- Performed by Joe Diffie in 1999, it has humorous lyrics and the perfect tempo for country line dancing. The beginning of the song is slow but the tempo picks up making it one of the best country line dancing songs. The single peaked at number three on the Country Billboard charts.
- "Lifestyles of the Not So Rich and Famous"- Recorded by country star Tracy Byrd, this song was released in 1994 and was one of the most successful songs of the year. It has the ideal beat to be known as one of the best country line dancing songs. The song is a borderline spoof against southern people but Byrd made the song hilarious.
- "Boot Scootin' Boogie"- Another fabulous song performed by Brooks and Dunn, this song is one of the ultimate and best country line dancing songs. Released in 1992, the song even has a country line dance named for it with special moves and steps. It was the duo's fourth hit single and fourth consecutive number one single.
- "Achy Breaky Heart"- The song that started the country music line dancing craze in 1992 was recorded by newcomer to country music, Billy Ray Cyrus. It was his debut single and made him an instant music phenomenon. Once the video of the song was released, country music line dancing was born.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.