The 10 best country love songs of 2008 are beautiful ones that can bring a tear to the listener's eye because of the lovely sentiments included. Country love songs have always been known to tug at the heart with their stories and enchanting melodies.
- "Just Got Started Lovin' You", sung by James Otto, was the number one song of 2008 and James' first number one hit. The song was very popular especially around Valentine's Day.
- "Love Story", written and sung by country sensation Taylor Swift, reached the top of the Billboard country chart in November 2008. This lead single from "Fearless", her second studio album, also became her biggest Billboard Hot 100 hit and was also her first international single.
- "Just A Dream" was sung by Carrie Underwood, an American Idol alumni. This song was nominated for Best Female Country Vocal Performance at the 2010 Grammy Awards.
- "Sweet Thing" was sung and co-written by Australian country favorite Keith Urban. This song was the first single from his fifth studio album, Defying Gravity. "Sweet Thing" became his nineteenth Top 40 country hit.
- "Bless the Broken Road" by the remarkable Rascal Flatts group is a beautiful declaration of love. Nothing that happened in the past matters, and the couple is brought together by destiny.
- "Home" by Blake Shelton strikes a familiar note for those in long-distance relationships. The most fascinating places in the world do not mean much without your partner being with you. The warmth of love is the important feeling only if you are in the company of your special loved one.
- "Whenever You Come Around" is sung by Vince Gill. His pure voice relays the romance when he wrote this about his wife, Amy Grant, even before they began dating.
- "Unanswered Prayers" was Garth Brooks' way of showing that what you pray for is not always the best answer. The Lord is the only one who knows what the true answers are for how we should lead our lives and who and what will make us truly happy.
- "The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)" was sung beautifully by Juice Newton. It tells the story of partners who weather many storms and still see a lighthouse in each other.
- "Don't Think I Don't Think About It' by Darius Rucker was number four on the Billboard's 2008 country song chart. It is a wistful look at lost love.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.